Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got back from my accident. Anyways here is the story. I was cruising along and got into the turn lane that merges right into another road. Anyways there was a yield sign, so of course I yielded. I stop to make sure no cars are coming, and all of a sudden the next thing I know I am on the pavement. The lady got out of her car to make sure I was okay and everything. She said that she saw me and thought that I was accelerating, looked left to make sure no cars were coming and then all of a sudden hit me. She was at fault and got a 4 point reckless driving ticket and as for me, I have a few scratches and now a damaged bike :(. Its not too bad though, I'm guessing she was maybe going around 15 mph or so. The shift lever was bent, and we couldn't bend it back into place, so I had to leave the bike parked there for and hitch a ride from a cop. Went over there with a friend and some tools and got the bike running again, rode home and then took some pictures. so Here is the some of the aftermath:

There is also some scratches on the fairings, bent clutch lever, any some scratches on my legs but I'm sure you guys didn't want to see that haha. Just goes to show, be careful out there guys!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Glad you're OK. You have to be careful in those yield lanes. It's not a stop sign and a lot of people just slow down and only stop if someone is coming. They are always dangerous.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sux man! Glad your OK, time to gear up!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Enough of this nicety. SUE THE BITCH FOR ALL SHE'S WORTH. Birdbrains that don't understand signage shouldn't be on the road. Give her a big surcharge on her insurance so she'll PAY ATTENTION TO DRIVING instead of killing someone next time!! :mad:

·
Registered
848 Posts
^^^ lol
Man, good to here you're ok, could've been worse, but you could still have whiplash, or a small concussion. best get looked at, and if money is a problem, her insurance will cover it. That's scarey man, get checked out :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The top half of my body is fine, just sore as heck. Had helmet, gloves and jacket. I had jeans on, but they don't have rips, just black marks. The only reason I stopped in the yield lane was because I saw cars moving in the direction I was going and I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
260 Posts
you're my new "been hit by a car on my 250" buddy :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
glad that your ok and that things didnt turn out worse, for instance she could of been going faster, ran you straight the F over, turned you into to roadkill, fled the scene and left your body for the birds. Now the cops scraping and picking up parts off the pavement with shovel and hand........ok just glad you ok!!!!

P.S watch out for those people driving those big four-wheel-thingies. there dangerous and i don't know how they drive those, they scare me.....:Laughing rolling:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dam dude, that's gotta suck. Glad your OK though and ya, I'd try and milk the chick for some money for the troubles. Bike doesn't appear in too bad of shape so hopefully it will be like new in no time. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive been rear ended like that before in my car. they think your going because the light is green, and are to busy to looking for oncoming cars instead of looking in front of them. glad youre ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah man, I'm going to try and get some pain and suffering out of it. Scary thing was she was driving a Jeep Cherokee too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was almost rear ended today. Dude in an old beater truck locked up his brakes. Stopped about 4-5 inches from my rear tire.... I WAS PISSED!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You guys need to watch for this more. You need to check your mirrors more often and always have an escape route.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah man, I'm going to try and get some pain and suffering out of it. Scary thing was she was driving a Jeep Cherokee too.
Go get checked! A local ride got rear ended last year, never got checked out. Always complained about being sore though. Two months ago, lowsides, goes to the hospital and the Dr. asks him, "how long ago did you break your back?" He now is screwed and can't pin it on the original crash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is one reason they recomend you always stop in first gear and not neutral. That way if you need to react you don't have to shift first.

Glad you are ok!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts