Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the rim stripes (tapeworks.com - $29.00 shipped), tank pad (58cycle.com - $28 shipped), seat cowl (58cycle.com - $111 - shipped). I wasn't sure how high or low the tank pad should be. Does it look about right?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Love rim stripes they look awesome. They are really easy to put on just take your time with them. They came as 5 stripes on a solid roll, you have to cut each stripe from the roll and then cut that one stripe up and put it on the bike in seperate pieces. It can easy to screw up but if you take your time its cake and worth that extra time as you can obviously see!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
are the rim stripes white? look like white, and turn blue upon reflection of light.. is that right?

...or are they really a baby blue color?

looks good, regardless. I like your bike.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was not hard to install at all. One of the easiest mod yet. Stripes are the blue reflective ones from tapeworks.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I've got my rimstripes on, a double bubble windscreen, and clear euro fronts. My seat cowl was supposed to be in on wed. But it's still not in, if it's not in on monday, I'm going to do down to the dealer and lose my fucking mind.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
nice look man. The strips look damn hot, and the tank pad is pretty cool too. Looks like it's in a decent spot to me. As long as it matches up where your jacket is I guess that's all that counts right?

Hey, it sounds like we may actually be able to ride on Friday... or at least so they say at this point. We teachers have off that day, so if 2005_ZZR and I decide to go for a ride, you in?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by rbray
nice look man. The strips look damn hot, and the tank pad is pretty cool too. Looks like it's in a decent spot to me. As long as it matches up where your jacket is I guess that's all that counts right?

Hey, it sounds like we may actually be able to ride on Friday... or at least so they say at this point. We teachers have off that day, so if 2005_ZZR and I decide to go for a ride, you in?
Yeah...Count me in. I've been itching to ride. I'm thinking about taking the day off. Thursday looks promising as well.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
that does it...i gotta get me some strips too :D

very nice but take those passenger pegs off now! :D

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
alright man, sounds like a plan. I'll let you know. By the way, the bike is staying in the area this winter, so I'm planning some work this winter.
Jumper Mod (could you help me out with that one?)
damper (GPR)
rear hugger
levers and new rearsets
possibly changing the LEDs in the display

You have any plans for the winter?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by rbray
alright man, sounds like a plan. I'll let you know. By the way, the bike is staying in the area this winter, so I'm planning some work this winter.
Jumper Mod (could you help me out with that one?)
damper (GPR)
rear hugger
levers and new rearsets
possibly changing the LEDs in the display

You have any plans for the winter?
Sure man. I already have the jumper saved up for you. Looks like some good mods you got planned.

I plan on putting in a GPR (gold) damper, dark smoked DB Puig, CRG shorty levers (gold), PCIII, Galfer Stainless Steel lines, rear sets, BMC air filter, Integrated tail light. If I get half of it done before spring, I’ll be happy. Thinking about getting both rims powder coated gold too. Called local PC and quoted me $80 / rim. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Looks great! As far as the pad goes, I'm sure you can't move it now, but watch down low by the seat. I ended up with a chip down there from my jacket.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.