Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a large problem. I have a car which I need to fix up alittle, then sell in order to get my 03' ZX6R and it's got to the point that I have dreamt about it. Yes, you can say I have it real bad..

Just wondering if anyone gets like this when leading up to buying a new bike?

-=MooX=-
[email protected]

"If's it Greener, chances are it's a hell of a lot Meaner!"
'03 ZX6R

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah MooX i was like that the week before I bought my 02 636. I got NINJA in my blood. Only Ninja riders understand......funny, I wonder why?;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CdnNinjaZX6R: I think you did the right thing.. lol I'd do the same but I really don't have the money until I sell my dam car :(

Wolf: Well technically I'm not a ninja rider yet but I can see myself on it and went to the motorshow last week and have numerous photo's of the 03 zx6r and a photo with myself on it.. Funny enough, that night when I got home was the night that I dreamt about riding my baby.. awww

On a sad note: I heard a fella got cleaned up outside my work in Brisbane city yesterday afternoon, survived but is in a bad way in hospital.

Is there so many accidents because people riding them stupidly in stupid areas ie city or simply people in cars hitting us?

-=MooX=-
[email protected]

"If it's Greener, chances are it's a hell of a lot Meaner!"
'03 ZX6R

·
Registered
537 Posts
When I got my bike I couldn't sleep all night. [:p] Got up at 6:30am, had some pizza and took it out for a ride. This was on Saturday. Came back 3 hours later, had some more pizza and Pepsi, went out riding with some buds.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
147 Posts
MooX: I have had a few close calls and most of the time it was because of my own stupidity ie. speeding and all the other fun stuff. I don't ride in the CBD much cause the traffic is so friggin slow and my bike tends to overheat. Also to many buses:(taxis:(:(and arseholes in yuppie 4wd's:(:(:(
The only time I go through the city is to go to the kawasaki Dealer at Bowen Hills (Midtown) to get my services.
I certainly ride more cautiously in the CBD than I would say on an open country road and personally that's where I think sportsbikes are meant to be, out in the open, not pottering through gridlocked CBD streets tha consist only of right-angled 40km/h turns.

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."
-Scottish Proverb

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Ride in a pack and you'll have no problems with cages not seeing you. Although the "pack" is usually encouragement to go a little harder on the backroads too...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wolf,

Sounds like you got your bike from the same place I got my '02 636, from Midtown. I ride around the Brisbane inner city a lot, and use it to go to work in Milton. But it isn't particularly pleasant in heavy traffic. What temperature do you call "overheating"? The highest mine got to was 87 degrees stuck at a set of traffic lights a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think I have it worse now than when I first got my bike. I had a ninja 250, and traded it in on my 6r. I only had it 13 days before I had to put it away for winter because of my insurance lay-away. I am now 8 days away from my insurance kicking back in, and there is 2 feet of snow on the ground. I am like a kid who got his favorite toy in the world, and had to put it away for 3 1/2 month, and now I just can't stand it anymore. ALL I WANT TO DO IS RIDE!!!!

2002 zx-6r
green, of course

·
Registered
147 Posts
cailith: The day i rode my new 636 home from Midtown it was a friggin hot day, about 37C. After about 20 minutes of stop/start riding in heavy traffic the temp gauge was up to 114C!! I freaked out thinking i was gonna fuck up my brand new motor so I just rode down thee left of the traffic and got my bike on the SE Freeway and up to speed as quick as I dared. Then it went down to about 87C. After the first service and the oil change it has never gone higher than 104C, but it still worries me some when u can feel and hear the boiling of the coolant...

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."
-Scottish Proverb

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have it super bad right now. I just got mine around christmas time. Love it to death. Just got it out of the shop, all fixed up and ready to go for summer and it will NOT quit snowing here in Nebraska!!! Dang it!:(I want to go out on it bad, but I'll wait untill the weahter is acceptable. I guess. If I have to. :(

Nazarah, a fully certified intimate apparel bra fit expert.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awww, all this talking is making me want it so bad.. [xx(] A ZX6R would make the perfect girlfriend :D

Purs when you stroke her, Stops when you want her too, Ride her all day long if you want to :) Where's my baby? Midtown Kawasaki I think's the right answer

-=MooX=-
[email protected]

'03 ZX6R

·
Registered
443 Posts
welp, i bought the damn bike but did not have a chance to pick it up. it snows about twice a week here in NY. I'm hurtin'. Damn bike is sitting in a crate right now..I think it's time i move out west....

"I'm from yeranus."

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come to Aus Hotbag :) I was almost gonna say you can ride it anyday of the week but just over the past week, the rain has started coming down and hasn't stopped really but that won't stop me :D

-=MooX=-
[email protected]

'03 ZX6R

·
Registered
299 Posts
One Sunday afternoon... I dozed off in my bed while holding my Hindle.

My dad caught me, and was utterly disgusted. He says that I need help. Bad. He's a piston head though...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by Boy Racer

One Sunday afternoon... I dozed off in my bed while holding my Hindle.

My dad caught me, and was utterly disgusted. He says that I need help. Bad. He's a piston head though...
I'm glad you said "my hindle" and not "my pipe" LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.