Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any1 ever says the kawi 636 doesn't have big kahuna balls is a a**. I live in jersey and this guy has been talkin shit bout his 01 gsxr750. Finally got my license back and put him 2 shame time after time on 295 out here in NJ. Gotta love that jump mod! Anybody else out here trash a 750?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I trash older 750's all the time... Don't take on the K6 750 tho... hehehe, He doesn't fly away into the sunset but I cant keep up. He just has more power.... he cant get away tho unless you have a really long stretch of road

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea he was on a 2001. We both ride with bike clubs out here and we are always poppin shit so it was like a grudge match. Just felt good to see the 6r perform so well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just love beating bigger squidzuksies. THis other oak on a 750 SRAD tried to pinn me the other day... he couldn't catch me ahahaha. When we stopped he just came to me and said..whow, your bike MOVES!!!

NIce to have some squidies big enough to admit their mistake.... :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, yea I'm lookin forward 2 shovin it in his face later 2day since we never stopped 2 talk last night

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by skeet609
If any1 ever says the kawi 636 doesn't have big kahuna balls is a a**. I live in jersey and this guy has been talkin shit bout his 01 gsxr750. Finally got my license back and put him 2 shame time after time on 295 out here in NJ. Gotta love that jump mod! Anybody else out here trash a 750?
Awesome!

750 is faster on paper, in the real world it's ridder. I can take most liter bikes to about 150MPH from a dead stop. I have seen 170 on the speedo. So I will say it again.

Unless you plan on going 171+ your going to get passed.
Off the line I'm golden...I really need to see what I can run in the 1/4 mile...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went head to head with this cool guy (squid) in a Honda Civic with these gnarly KN Filter stickers and VP racing all over his side windows on the freeway yesterday. He had a Chico's Car Club decal on his right fender and I lost him at about 80mph in first gear(LOL).
-These guys watch Fast and the Furious and come out thinking they can take any bike. Sad truth is any 600cc bike will keep up with a Vette.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by redondo85
I went head to head with this cool guy (squid) in a Honda Civic with these gnarly KN Filter stickers and VP racing all over his side windows on the freeway yesterday. He had a Chico's Car Club decal on his right fender and I lost him at about 80mph in first gear(LOL).
-These guys watch Fast and the Furious and come out thinking they can take any bike. Sad truth is any 600cc bike will keep up with a Vette.
You running turbos and juice in that thing? My 05 6R tops at 64mph in first.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Well lets get to the REAL WORLDMy 2005 ZX6R has full akra race,wire jumper,modded air filter, and a custom tune with +2 rewar sprocket and after my little test spin on my RC51 with custom tune and bigger throttle bodies i am not so sure about which is faster as My RC51 is not the fastest liter bike by any margin...but damn that torque gets you out of the corners quick...

After riding all day on my ZX6R then jumping on my Rc51 i was like what the fuck was i thinking with the 636?

The 636 having traxxion fork cartidge,hyper-pro damper and ohlins shock.. The frame on the 636 felt like a flexy flier as well, have yet to find a bike with a more rigid frame (zx10,R1,GSXR,MV,Aprilia Mille included)Oh well the ZX6R is fun, when you rev the PIss out of it, but on the street it kinda sucks...Oh well

·
Registered
56 Posts
[:Liar] how can a bike that makes almost 30 hp less to the wheels walk all over a more powerful, and about the same weight bike? i dont get it

·
Registered
394 Posts
yo, squidzukie dude, don;'t be sad... one day the gsxr 600 will be able to beat a 1992 zx7r, one day... just be patient.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I could probably take most of you guys on my "squidzuki". Come on man its an out dated 750 you pretty much took him in a straight line. I took my friend on his new triumph 675 in a straight line, I also took my friend on a 04 636 in a straight line. I also took both of them in the twisties too. All on my squidzuki too. There are so many different variables to make or break a race so you really cant claim anything with what you did sorry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As we all kno its not about the bike, its the rider. I would love 4 u to be in jersey wit that gsxr6 cuz I got some places we could settle this.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Go skeet go skeet go skeet!!!!

Yes yes its about the rider, but cmmon, without trying to be blatently rude, the gsxr is quite limp compared to the 6R. I know someone here at a squidzuki dealer that told my friend rather not to buy a gsxr600 cause its limp. He said rather go for a 750 or the 636

·
Registered
394 Posts
*karate kick*

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
This is always funny to read...

you raced a bike that was made almost 6 years ago that at the time was putting down simular power numbers and consider it a win. Then you all go and say that you will out run a 10R until it gets past the 150mph mark. I think you crack smoker need to hit up AA or something.

the numbers dont lie, first off there is no way your lovely 636 is hitting 170 mph. It is a known fact and factory fact that the 636 top speed is right around the 160 to 165 range. That has been tested by several mags with radar guns, alot more accurate than your factory speedo's.

I have a 636 and 10 in that garage right now, I ride the 10 all of the time. The 636 is my buddies and the power differance is just completely amazing. If you win against a 10R then the rider either let you, was not racing when you thought they were, or just flat out did not know how to ride. There is no way a bike with a 110rwhp rating is going to outrun a 150rwhp rating bike on a striaght line race. Both of these bike weigh within 20 pounds of each other.

Now it is very possible that a car can outrun some 600cc bikes, but it is going to take a car making over the 350rwhp mark to do it.

When will riders learn you dont have to tell tall tales in order to impress people. It doesnt impress me when the numbers show a different story.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by skeet609
As we all kno its not about the bike, its the rider. I would love 4 u to be in jersey wit that gsxr6 cuz I got some places we could settle this.
lol!!! yeah if you wanna take it to the twisties, ill show you the back end of my "squidzuki" sv650 for a few turns until i dissapear.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Originally posted by sneakyws6
This is always funny to read...

you raced a bike that was made almost 6 years ago that at the time was putting down simular power numbers and consider it a win. Then you all go and say that you will out run a 10R until it gets past the 150mph mark. I think you crack smoker need to hit up AA or something.

the numbers dont lie, first off there is no way your lovely 636 is hitting 170 mph. It is a known fact and factory fact that the 636 top speed is right around the 160 to 165 range. That has been tested by several mags with radar guns, alot more accurate than your factory speedo's.

I have a 636 and 10 in that garage right now, I ride the 10 all of the time. The 636 is my buddies and the power differance is just completely amazing. If you win against a 10R then the rider either let you, was not racing when you thought they were, or just flat out did not know how to ride. There is no way a bike with a 110rwhp rating is going to outrun a 150rwhp rating bike on a striaght line race. Both of these bike weigh within 20 pounds of each other.

Now it is very possible that a car can outrun some 600cc bikes, but it is going to take a car making over the 350rwhp mark to do it.

When will riders learn you dont have to tell tall tales in order to impress people. It doesnt impress me when the numbers show a different story.
did you actuay read any of this post.. were did they say anytihing about racing and beating a 10..

and yes i woud brag if i beat a bike 6 years older ike he said they ride in a cub and pop trash to each other so they finaly settled who was the better rider..

let him have his glory..

and the guy in jersey with the gsxr6 i see you live in clinton 1 day we will have to go at it down the turnpike 1 late nite..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.