Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you have 2 do 2 convert to the gp shift on the 05 zx6r's? any1 on here done it yet for these bikes and how much did it end up runin you? and details would be great

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,975 Posts
Yea, there is a great thread in the "how-to" section but I'd advise this since I just did it last weekend but I still haven't had her out for a test ride yet. :( After you make the switch, don't try and use washers on the front part where the splined shaft is. I, and others, had to use 5 washers to space the rear mounting point under the rear set. The how-to thread has good pics and spells it all out. You'll see what I mean. It's really easy and if we don't like it, it's 10 minutes to switch it back. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You can pull all the shifting gear, and buy a foldup dirt shift pedal and bolt it right on to the shift shaft. Works fine, GP shift.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I actually used a nut because I didn't have enough washers in my garage. That and I had to slightly pull out the joint on the shaft going towards the spline end because the angle of the shaft was to aggressive and it made the bike shift funny and it was still rubbing against the frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.