Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good one to get?
Can I fit it myself?
WILL it eliminate the steering shake/wobble I experience almost everytime I ride it hard through 1st to 3rd?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gha, I've done that... heh

My main concern is cilinder damper vs. rotary damper(gpr), is rotary as good as cilinder? It sure looks alot more un-alien

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,397 Posts
Originally posted by Fade-Dude
gha, I've done that... heh

My main concern is cilinder damper vs. rotary damper(gpr), is rotary as good as cilinder? It sure looks alot more un-alien
I never had a cylinder type but I can tell you the GPR is a snap to install and I hear their customer service is top of the line. I haven't had to test their service yet but everyone says they will take care of you if you ever have a problem.

***EDIT*** To prevent the inevitable questions that will follow once you get a GPR, the steering stem nut is, ...I think....36mm and the torque setting is 58ftlbs. :D:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
GPR is great, I love mine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by DrkZide
I've heard it makes low speed turning really hard?
If it's turned all the way of course it will. Turn it down when riding through town. They make them really for racing level conditions not riding up to the store to get beer :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thats why they are adjustable. Get one, and I promise you won't regret it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
one of the BEST FUCKING MOD i did to the bike and dont worry low speed turns you'll get use to it i keep mine at 5 and dont have any problem and you dont have to drill any holes [:M98]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Love mine too, I've gotten used to anticpating the kind of riding coming up and making adjustments on the fly. I do a lot of lane splitting in CA and always set it on 1 until I get back up to speed or headed into the twisties.

Be careful if you're adjusting it back to 1 because there is no stop other than it feels like it drops into a small notch. It will go right into the highest setting and you can't hardly turn the bike at low speed. I did this once with my winter gloves because I couldn't feel the notch and scare the shit out of me. Never had a problem since and wouldn't ride without it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by r_dawg1021

If it's turned all the way of course it will. Turn it down when riding through town. They make them really for racing level conditions not riding up to the store to get beer :)
I always use mine when I run out for beer! Helps keep you straight. [}:)]

·
44,397 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92

I always use mine when I run out for beer! Helps keep you straight. [}:)]

"Uhhhh....no occifer I'm not drunk....I just forgot to reset my damper".....LMAO..

·
44,397 Posts
I didn't know they were that easy to adjust. I thought you had to put some effort into it to get it to switch over.
Hell yea, they are really easy to switch on the fly. I wouldn't advise it if going super fast, having a knee or elbow dragging the ground or anything like that but it is easy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I didn't know they were that easy to adjust. I thought you had to put some effort into it to get it to switch over.
Yes, they are easy to adjust. The new damper is an 8 click and the older one which indysuperbikes is blowing out for $340 is 6 clicks. I figured I could get by without the 2 extra clicks for my beer runs:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.