Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my gpr stabilizer today.. i instaled it and its on the bike right.. but when its like at 4.5 or higher of a setting the stabilizer like gives out when theres only about 1/2 an inch left of turning to the left and right side.. do you guys understand what im trying to say..? any tips.. please help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
i think its to make it easyer to steer at low speeds. if you think about it you will never be turning the bars that far when riding unless your trying to turn sharp at low speeds. but to awnser your question im not sure if its normale or not because i dont own one YET lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
I have been using a GPR since about when I got my bike in March. I cant say I have ever noticed it giving out at all anywhere. Mine is dampened 100% side to side. Call em up and ask them, they have great customer relations and stand behind their products. I would also try turning the bars back and forth several times and do it on a few settings 1,3,5,8 (you get my idea). Maybe theirs a little bit of air or dirt in the circuit.

Heres their digits. Phone: 619.661.0101
 

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
Joined
·
44,665 Posts
Mine does the same thing so I understand what you are saying. It just stops resisting right before the bars are fully turned on each side. But really, you won't be turning the bars to full turn unless you are in the driveway or a parking lot and in either case, won't need the damper set at 4.5 or higher. Personally, I'm not worried about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok.. i was just wondering.. but why does yours do it do the samething as mine PRS, and subhumans is perfect 100% from side to side... just doest make sense.. they all should be the same.. i mean same bikes and same stabilizer, right..? i dont wanna waste my money on a product thats different on every bike..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Originally posted by mx9tony
ok.. i was just wondering.. but why does yours do it do the samething as mine PRS, and subhumans is perfect 100% from side to side... just doest make sense.. they all should be the same.. i mean same bikes and same stabilizer, right..? i dont wanna waste my money on a product thats different on every bike..
I will check it again when I get my bike at lunch and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
MX9Tony, what you are expirancing is normal and part of the design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok.. solved.. i called GPR, they guy said thats what its suppose to do.. its suppose to give out if you turn the bars either way as far as they can go.. so yup. your right AWINER.. thanks for your help.. now it just has to clear up outside so i can go test it..!
 

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
Joined
·
44,665 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
mine does it also, but only to the RIGHT and only at higher settings.
but the swaying side to side is what bothers me.
Don't know if you've seen the other posts Nevada but I and some others also had that swaying problem. Mine started after I removed the damper and reinstalled it. So I removed it again, made sure no cables were pinched (one was pinched) and reinstalled. No problems since and I've taken it off and reinstalled several times since then.
 

·
Powerhungry
Joined
·
37,956 Posts
Originally posted by prs



Don't know if you've seen the other posts Nevada but I and some others also had that swaying problem. Mine started after I removed the damper and reinstalled it. So I removed it again, made sure no cables were pinched (one was pinched) and reinstalled. No problems since and I've taken it off and reinstalled several times since then.
yeh ive read as many as the others as i could.
it was told to me the way to fix it was remove it, and reinstall it.
i called bullshit, as that had nothing to do with anything.
i indeed did have to take it off, so i could loctite the bolts.
NO CHANGE once it was reinstalled.
after i posted that earlier today, i called GPR.
i found out what the problem is.
i will be fixing it tomorrow.
basically the little arm, that come towards the tank. that needs to be flush or slightly higher than the post clamp it sets in.
i know that mine is slightly lower, and was the first time i put it on.
hopefully that fixes it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Originally posted by awiner
MX9Tony, what you are expirancing is normal and part of the design.
DITTO.
I have two of them and that's the way they work. You can really tell it on my dirt bike when it's on the stand. If you could hold your wheel off the ground you would see what I mean. Perfectly normal.;)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top