Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased and installed a GPR stabilizer on my 05 ZX-6R 4 1/2 months ago. Today, it started to leak oil from the dial/adjuster.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does any know the cause?

Will GPR warranty this?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I had the same issue... Sent my unit into GPR and they put in a new seal as well as new fluid and send it back within 24 hours....

GPR is a great co. that stands behind their products.

They also offer this same seal/fluid service free of charge (you only pay shipping) every 18 months to the original purchaser.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My GPR started leaking the minute I installed it. I sent it to GPR with a copy of my receipt and they replaced the seals and oil no questions asked. Great company.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They maybe known to leak on some of the early models, but they stand behind them and take care of their customers better than most other manufactures.

They replaced my first damper years ago no questions asked. Then serviced that one twice for no charge. Then when I bought my 10 I bought the mounting kit. I sent the unit in for the third time for a fluid change and they not only changed the fluid but also switched out my 6 clicker for the new 8 clicker.

how many companies out there will service you parts for nothing more than postage and then upgrade you at no charge. That is the exact reason I ahve stayed with them and use the products any time I can.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah they defintely will work with you. A buddy of mine has the GPR damper on his 05'636 and it wasnt working properly. They sent him a brand new without even taking the old one back. They just asked whenever he got around to it to send it back. That definitely sounds like good service to me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
While were on this topic for GPR dampers I just got mine had it for 2 days and i'm not sure if I like it. It's making me feel like i'm swerving. Not sure if i'm just not use to riding with one or what. But, Before I had one I use to be able to ride with no hands in a straight line. Now that I installed it if i try that i'm all over the road leaning trying to keep it straight. Perhaps i'm just a nublet or I got a defective one.[?][?][?][?][?][?]

·
Registered
62 Posts
that's why you don't buy those kind of dampers! I know it looks great and everything but that's all it is... Get something like OHLINS or HyperPro...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by 06TIzx6r
that's why you don't buy those kind of dampers! I know it looks great and everything but that's all it is... Get something like OHLINS or HyperPro...
..... You mean to tell me that in the history of OHLINS or HyperPro there has NEVER Ever been a defective damper made by them? You mean to tell me that if I get a OHLINS or HyperPro that they will actually dampen my steering and a GPR doesn't it's just a mod for nothing more then looking cool? I think you shouldn't post comments unless your going to be constructive but hey, that's just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by 06TIzx6r
Yikes!!! Are you for real? [xx(]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, i called and you just fill out a form downloaded from their site and return it. granted, i think it's cool that they fix it, but i also think they should fix the problem in production if this issue is reoccuring.

kicker, maybe you have it dialed up too high... start at 1 and then move up from there

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Exactly from what was said above. The only thing that GPR does not have the Scotts does is seperate high/low speed dampening. They build it into the circuit where scotts allows you to chang ethem seperately.

Make sure you ahve the damper set at a light level, if it is too stiff it will not allow the bars to move and could cause the swaying you are describing.

Inherentaly all damper do the same job, to keep the bars from oscillating when headshake happens. Rotary got a big jump cause they are more protected during crashes where sidemount ones would get damaged on most all wrecks. It wasnt until top mount or Ducati style got popular that they became more usable without the worry of destroying them in a wreck.

Dont try to sway someone with useless off the hip crap. If you are going to make a comment, state the reason, even though we all know there is no real advantage over topmount versus rotary.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
One in the same boys, however you will generally find that the non-rotary type dampers are more prone to leaking since the shaft seals are always being excercised. On rotaries seal failiures seem to be much less common.

FYI, Scotts rotaries are actually rebadged Ohlins units.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.