Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for peoples hands on experinces with either companies steering dampers. Advanced Kawasaki is having a group buy on GPR steering dampers until Friday. I just spoke with my friend who has an 06 R1 and he told me he was able to get a Ohlins steering damper for my 05 636 for the same price or in the ballpark. If anybody can help me out about which you would take, pros vs cons, anything to help me i'd be willing to help whomever out if they wanted a Ohlins. Let me clarify I will ask my friend and see what he can do, this was only a 1 min - 2 min convo at school today so i dont know everything about he side but i do know Advanced Kawasaki is @ $309 + Shipping til Friday.

Thanks for the help.

Smacky636

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you can get an Ohlins for the same money go that way. ($309 is really cheap if it includes the mount)I think the Ohlins has more adjustability than the GPR on the steering angle activation range. I have an Ohlins on my track bike and it has saved my bacon more than once if that is the testament you want to hear. It really helped when I put on some really sticky rubber. There are plenty of guys on the track with GPR's so they must work as advertised.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a Scotts, which is made by Ohlins, and is probably what your friend means.

I have no issue with it. Drilling the frame was a peice of cake, and it's stood up to numerous tank removals and reinstalls. It's small and unobtrusive, and does it's job without calling attention to itself. I liked it enough that I bought a second one for my 10R (they look the same but are not interchangeable).

Having said that, I believe the GPR will do the job also; I've not heard complaints about either. The GPR is slightly more massive.

So, it probably comes down to your decision on forum vendor vs school friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.