Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I installed a Garmin Nuvi 200 gps on my 2003 ZX6RR. I used the ram mount stem mount, to a 3 inch arm, to the ram mount nuvi 200 cradle (3 parts total). The fit and quality is perfect. It's a very study mount. My speedo is off by 8 percent. Also I wont have to panic when the gas light comes on, all I do is look up for fuel on the GPS =) Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
nice, but i'd be paying attention to the road if i were you, esp in cali ;) be good on trips though ;)

Reactions: IlBLisSlI

·
Premium Member
15,930 Posts
Hmmmmmmm...........looks good but I have a Scotts steering damper that covers the triple tree nut. So back to the drawing board for me :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
i was gonna say, where were you gonna put the scotts damper at??? ha ah ah! nice though! i thought about just using the window rubber thing and just slapping it onto my speedo gauge, since my speedo is off anyways.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Well that's cool if you don't know where you're going I guess...

I just pull over and pull out my blackberry to make sure I'm on the right road

·
Premium Member
15,930 Posts
I love my Garmin Nuvi 350 It's awesome! You can just ride anywhere you want, you can get lost and just tell this little gizmo to take you home and it will!! It's really amazing!

Last time I used mine I stuck it using the suction cup to my tank and it held up pretty good. Next time I'll probably add a lanyard just in case it falls off.

I love the RAM Mounts we use them a lot here at work.

·
Registered
476 Posts
is the mount all one product that you can buy together or it is seperate and where did you get it from? i have the same gps and bike and have wanted to find some kind of mounting option for a while and i'm not sure if i trust the suction cup.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i'm not sure if i trust the suction cup.
suction cup worked great for my tank camera mount that i made for deals gap, didn't budge & you can pick the bike up off the kickstand w/ it, so i'd say its sturdy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yah you're just going to have to peice it together according to what you want. First is the base (what mounts to your bike), in my case I got the stem mount that goes into that stem hole. Then you pick the type of arm you want. I wanted to keep it short so I piked out the 3 inch arm. Then you get the craddle that matches your gps. Pretty simple =)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yah you're just going to have to peice it together according to what you want. First is the base (what mounts to your bike), in my case I got the stem mount that goes into that stem hole. Then you pick the type of arm you want. I wanted to keep it short so I piked out the 3 inch arm. Then you get the craddle that matches your gps. Pretty simple =)
ah i see, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nicely done install dude. is there any way you can show or tell me how you have it wired in? I'm trying to figure out how to wire mine to the bike for my trip next month

1 - 19 of 19 Posts