Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 years ago a dismantled my baby because she was falling on her face at low r.p.m.'s. After taking it apart and discovering 3 bent valves (likely caused by the frozen cam chain adjuster and a mis-shift and high rev). The valves are replaced, head ground and lapped, clearances are all in spec.. bs34 carbs have been dismantled, cleaned, carb kits installed. The bike will not run. Before installing the new kits, I managed to get it running on 3 of 4 banks. (1,2,4) Because of this, I pulled the carbs, cleaned again, put in fresh carb kits and re-installed on the bike. She will not run at all now? I've got spark at all 4 plugs...and I'm at a loss now. I believe the pick-up is working, the IC ignitor is working, and the coils seem to be working....but can't be sure it's all up to par. My friend suspects it's still a carb issue, but I have a hard time with that considering they are pretty darn clean! Please help. I want to ride my old girl again!

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
if you got spark, and your timing is all on point and you've got good compression, it's probably still in the carbs. float height and pilot valve check is in order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carbs

Thanks White. I've measured and set the float bowl height to 18.6 mm and the main jets and pilot jets are brand new and clear as far as I can tell. This is all o.k. as far as I can tell. If I "snort" the airbox, she will bark, but it just doesn't seem to want to run? Compression is 140-155 on all four cylinders....I believe spec is 150-160 (?) The compression isn't perfect, but should be enough to pull fuel, no? Any other ideas, or should I be tearing down the carbs, again, and do them again again? Should I be searching out to have them ultrasonically cleaned?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts