Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Probably similar to my GPz550's (have two, '82 and '83)

4-->1 pipe (if you find a Kerker K2R pipe on ebay, get it, they are unmached in sound and smoothness.)
K&N Pod filters/remove airbox.
Jet kit.

Will really wake up the bike. The airbox/fiter is real restrictive. The mods woke my 550's up.

Not sure about the carbs. On mine, they switched to TK carbs in '82. They are better than the earlier carbs. You might look at later carbs to see if theya re differnt. In '81 they had the old manual slider type. The TK's are CV carbs.

Post some picts [:}]

STill think we should have a GPz forum ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its an 82. when it comes out of the paint shop i will post a pic. i thought about the k&n filters but what about the pcv valve or what appears to be one?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by CarlosD
well its an 82. when it comes out of the paint shop i will post a pic. i thought about the k&n filters but what about the pcv valve or what appears to be one?
I picked up a crankcase breather. I ran the breather hoise up between the inner pods and installed the breather there.

I had it mounted low and it dripped oil as the tranny would slosh out oil. With a longer tube, it is better.

The breather looks like a mini-pod filter with a 3/8" nipple on the bottom. I'm thinking of cutting a hole in it and re-installing the Kleen valve. Then connect the valve intake to the breather. That would add some positive ventilation.

·
Registered
200 Posts
82 gpz rule back in the day pipes jetting loose the back fender i built some killer one and painted them black and green

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked one up (82 GPZ750) and will be transforming it into an Eddie Lawson replica...for my in-town riding. I have a 2006 ZX10R for my more "spirited" riding in the Rockies.....lol. I had a 1981 GPZ 550 back in the day...loved it. Wiseco 615 kit and Bassani headers on it. Will keep my eye open and if anyone has any 82 parts, I'd like to know. Its in good shape and running strong, so mostly will be refreshing everything before the mean green paint job. Will post a pic when I finally get it finished before next summer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My dad has an 84 gpz750. Its a sweet bike man, good buy. As far as hopping it up a little im not real sure. His has a k&n, a full kerker exhaust, jet kit, 830 big bore kit, and ported and polished heads. Ive only ridden it a few times but its stupid fast for an old 750, it would demolish my 636 in a 1/4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi dude the bike i have is the gpz750 a1 1983 unitrak i chopped dwn the frame below the seat post and the top frame post was lowered i have braced the frame at the head stock and kept the swingarm having a night mare with wiring as the wiring was shot when i bought the bike the engine i have got to replace the one with it runs but couldnt get the wiring with it but less about me what you riding dude neil

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 84 GPZ 750 turbo we are parting out. 15k on motor has good sompression readings, good turbo, fuel injection. I can send pix of whatever you need. Tank is trashed, and the uni-trak with swingarm were scavenged for another project some years back.

Eric
614-905-6245

·
Registered
11 Posts
1982 GPZ Eddie Lawson Replica

Here it is. Had everything painted 2006 ZX10R kawi green. Still have to mount the headlight fairing. It came out pretty good....I have to admit, I might have to do a Wiseco big bore kit......Had the seat cut down and built up to match the Eddie Lawson Replica seats. I like the way it came out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
sweet ride!!! check out my oldtimer in the gallery, not a resto,but........

·
Registered
135 Posts
this is the bike i used to have.it's a 1995,it had a full muzzy,a corbin and a few other little mods

Nice! I have a black 96. I just rolled over 5,800 miles with her...lol I put on an alarm, grip heaters, 1" bar risers, and a full MICRON exhaust to maker her talk.

Know anyone with seat like the one your bike has? Also do they make a seat with a back rest for the passenger?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts