Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately, I've been thinking about adding some type of graphic kit to the 6R. The bike is beautiful as it is but is getting a little plain. Anyone know of any places I can get a nice set of graphcis for the bike. Something that looks OEM and not cheap looking. Or if you've already got graphics on your bikes, please post some pictures so I can get some ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ckruzel is a forum member here (he does alot of the monster energy kits you see), he can pretty much do anything you need. PM him and he'll give you alot of good ideas. Hope this helps

·
Registered
120 Posts
i would like to get my hands on one of those red monster energy kits! how much does he charge for those?

·
Registered
364 Posts
i would like to get my hands on one of those red monster energy kits! how much does he charge for those?

its like 58 or 60 with shipping or something...

i had some trouble with the top part of the kit and the application (probably because i'm a complete idiot with it) and ended up not liking what i did to many bubbles and it had a huge wrinkle in it but i ended up doing this

·
Registered
120 Posts
definitely have to pm him im gonna get one of those kits asap :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The top part, big black piece, takes a while to get right. I'm not very good at this stuff so it took me and a friend about 4 or 5 hours to get the top right.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The top part, big black piece, takes a while to get right. I'm not very good at this stuff so it took me and a friend about 4 or 5 hours to get the top right.
i couldnt get it on straight or get it to stick maybe i did it wrong(actually i'm sure i did) and i got so fed up with it that i just balled it up and threw it at my dog:) yeah but i'm still happy with the look

·
Registered
493 Posts
when doing graphics mix up a spray bottle with water and dish soap and lightly spray the area first before applying the decals. once done use a squeegy or credit card etc to get the water and bubbles out from underneath the decals, once everything is flat and perfect don't touch it until it's dry. using the soap/water allows you to move the decals around after laying them on the plastic so you can position them to the desired location.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
when doing graphics mix up a spray bottle with water and dish soap and lightly spray the area first before applying the decals. once done use a squeegy or credit card etc to get the water and bubbles out from underneath the decals, once everything is flat and perfect don't touch it until it's dry. using the soap/water allows you to move the decals around after laying them on the plastic so you can position them to the desired location.
^^^ thats right, the only problem I had was with the curves. Trying to get the vinyl to streach over the curves was a freggin headache. The rest was very easy though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah i did the whole soapy water stuff...and i got more frustrated because it kept sliding so much. its okay I'm happy and if i change my mind i'll get cruzkel to hook me up with just the top part of the kid (he PM'd me about being able to split up a kit so we'll see)

·
Registered
714 Posts
That is how you do it, just gotta be patient with the compound curve at the front of the fairing. I'll be doing mine again this week, my bike got trashed by a wind storm a couple weeks ago. Insurance fixed it up with all new plastics etc, but obviously they couldn't get the red graphics, so I have more coming from Chris (ckruzel). Here is mine...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i like the monster kit and all but i think i'm going to try something different. i'll see what i can come up with

·
Registered
299 Posts
thanks guys, i can do just about anything, a team green kit maybe without all the side panel large pieces, just team green accross the midfairing and a different colored stripe, also i have some attack style decals also that look good and the colors can be changed to fit the color of the bike

nypd where is your large M's were they stuck to the black panels already when you removed them? let me know i can help you out with a set, its missing that look even without the black panels the red m with a black outline would look good

·
Registered
259 Posts
i have a black bike, and i rekkon, the same sort of decals as this, but colours inverted so it would be a white panel with black text on it, and black monster graphics..

anyone?..

lol

That is how you do it, just gotta be patient with the compound curve at the front of the fairing. I'll be doing mine again this week, my bike got trashed by a wind storm a couple weeks ago. Insurance fixed it up with all new plastics etc, but obviously they couldn't get the red graphics, so I have more coming from Chris (ckruzel). Here is mine...

·
Registered
299 Posts
i just got asked to do a amp energy drink instead of the monster, i think it will look great, cant wait to do it up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been lookin to do the graphics that are on page 8 of the photoshop ideas. Sorry dont know how to post up the pic. The one with the icon dude standin next to it. Anyone know how I can get these or do I have to take it to a graphics guy and have em make it up?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts