Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was happy for my gear at that moment less than 30 mins ago. BTW DONT look at your chain to long to see if thats whats knocking. Curbs come up quick :-(. well im in the markt now for a right side fairing that looks like Postimus Maximus 02 (mines a 02 also same colors and all) great bike. luckly my head took the major blow followed my my r shoulder. Question can a chain Knock in feeling between 25-40 mpg only? i cannot find this nosie maker and its killing me (REALLY) :)
peace and love Ron
p.s. message me if you have a extra r fairing thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
"luckly my head took the major blow" ???? are you sure you wanted to use the word "luckly" there???? I`d say you were lucky to not bust your neck man. It doesnt take much for that.

As for your question, when was the last time you lubed and checked your chain tension? Yes, a chain can make a racket between 25-40mph only, when its too loose. If you dont know the correct amoount of chain slack, google it, I cant remember off the top of my head myself.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow.... Just... wow...

Yeah good thing your head took the blow instead of the much less important things like a hand, arm, elbow, knee, etc...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well head and shoulder fine ...very little soreness. Yes i have lubed every 300 miles and chain tension in less than 1/2 inch play i had just removed rear tire and chain to clean the chain and clean up around the hard to reach splash areas. funny since the Boo Boo the noise is almost gone. odd
peace and love all
ron

·
Registered
451 Posts
"LUCKILY" your head took most of the blow? I think it took more of a blow than you think if you consider hitting ur head among the rest of ur body parts 'lucky'.. heh

But I was almost in your shoes when I first put my sprocket on. I took it out for a ride around the block, this being the first time I didn't wear a helmet, so everything that was moving made more noise than I was used to. Not thinking about that, I was looking down at the noisy whiring of the chain to make sure it wasn't too tight and looked back up to see me inches from the curb. :eek: "LUCKILY" I looked just in time so I could save it.. Glad you're ok, though :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you say your chain slack is less than 1/2 inch play? Or is that a typo? If so your chain is too tight. It should be 1.2 to 1.4 inches where the chain is the tightest. But glad your alright. Good luck with your plastics search.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
err no no (as he backs off on the adjusters) that was just a typo. hmm didnt know that one really ty I though it was like my old bike.
sorry bought 2nd hand and no manuals. that seems really slack ...to problem with chain slap?
thanks
Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.