Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people,

Today, I came across a guy who is selling his 2001 ZX9R with 4000km's, for 5800$. So I thought there must be something wrong with it, and indeed it was dropped on the right side. And so it is sratched a bit on the tank, and the fairings, quite noticable. At places, it looked a good few mm's scratched in. However I took it for a hour test ride, and it is in excellent mechanical condition. Might I add doing wheelies on the thing in 2nd gear, is a piece of cake.[:p]

Now my question is, what do you in a case like this to fix the scratch marks? Can it be sanded and painted,or do you have to replace the fairings?

What someone told me is to take it to a shop and they can repaint it. Im not sure if this is true. The scrath marks are not to deep, but I would imagine it was dropped at a speed of maybe 20km/h. The fairings are not cracked at all.

Please advise me of what you think can be done, because im quite interested in buying this bike, especially that I know my friend wants to buy my bike.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
you might have to sand down the sratches a bit, but other than that it should be good for painting...i love it when people let you test ride their bikes!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
see about taking off the fairings and looking on the other side of them for places where they might have been repared before. that way u can see if they really cracked or not

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
most scratches can be sanded out using the roughest grit sandpaper to the lowest one. as long as theres no cracks or missing pieces of plastic, dont get a new one. take off the farings and look at what else he fixed is a good idea spartan116[8D]

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
they don't call me a pimp for nothin':D[8D][:p]
yea my bike had some damage to it that u couldn't see...i'm definately checking my next bike i buy

·
Registered
47 Posts
buy it for sure. thats scratches will be easy to fix. when i got hit by a car a bit of plastic came off and the farings were scratched. the people i took it to said as long as i had the bit of plastic that broke off they could fix it. a few scratched wont be a problem at all. to save money sand back yourself. tank might need to be a pro job but its a t your disgression. careful of the sandpaper you use but, the roughest grade may not be completely neccesary but a fairly rough one yes.
Glenn

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FUCKEN GUY SOLD IT FOR 100$ MORE THAN I WAS GONNA BUY IT!!!:(
This pisses the Fuck out of me. I go, test it and everything, and one day before I go to pick it up and give him the money order, I give him a call. And HE tells me" O buddy, sorry, I sold it already, har har". For 100$ more, although I told him I will buy it for sure. . . .HOw fucked up is that? Does not even call to tell me this guy who came along is offering 100$ more than you are, do you still want it for 100$ more? He does not even bother calling me and telling me its sold!! I hate people like this I swear...I'm 18 and I have better fucken business manners than this 35 year old "Business owner". What an asshole...O well, im going to go look for a 954RR now...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i know it sucks..but that's the way it is when you're buying a second hand bike--i went through the same thing..but another will come along
what a retard though..didn't even ask you if you wanted it for more

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by Blitz n Green
FUCKEN GUY SOLD IT FOR 100$ MORE THAN I WAS GONNA BUY IT!!!:(
O well, im going to go look for a 954RR now...
I can get you a really good deal on one if you don't mind making a short trip to Northwestern Pennsylvania. I'll forget about all the cursing you did!;) lol

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
calm down man another sweet deal will come your way soon.....
no harm no foul treat people the way you want to be treated and if the do not comply stab them in the eye and burn out on their lawn
:D:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.