Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
patrs 411 has awesome deals on some items. I noticed a new muzzys full system starts out at $504 and thats what I plan on doing. Somebody needs to pass the word on about them as they have some pretty competitive pricing. Also Ivans has a pretty good reputation, I believe I will be using one when I do my full exhaust in about a month. I used one on my old katana with great results............

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You may want to try shimming your carb needles instead of a jet kit with the bolt-on. It worked like a champ for me and put me out $2.98 and took an hour and a half. My Akro bolt-on created a flat spot at 6,000 rpm. After the carb needles were shimmed, problem solved and the powerband is nice and linear.

·
Registered
164 Posts
For a bolt on that is the most practical method and nothing more is needed really. For me, I plan a full exhaust and a free flowing air filter and maybe an ignition advancer later so I definately will spend the extra bucks for an entire recalibration kit.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,712 Posts
Yeah, love parts411.com. Picked up quite a bit of stuff earlier in the year. Definitely have great prices. I don't much care for their ordering setup, its a little funky, but everything arrived on time so no real complaints. Will buy from again. I'm thinking Leo Vince on my exhaust though. Wish I could find some sound files of a Leo and Muzzy on my bike. I don't think the Sportrider sound clips are comparable for our sake. A Yammy R6 has a completely different tone than our 6R's.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was surprised how different it sounds from the Muzzy on my FZ1. It is definitely louder and has a deeper tone.

Thanks for the advice on shimming the carb needles. I installed the pipe yesterday but really haven't ridden the bike to test it.

Just a heads up on parts411. I originally ordered the pipe at xmas time and they called and cancelled the order - said they couldn't get the pipe. I figured they just didn't want to sell it at that price - maybe their website hadn't been updated. When I ordered it again a few weeks ago I really didn't expect it to arrive. I was shocked when the UPS truck showed up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Definately gotta watch places like parts411 and bikebandit that dont really stock anything. They will get ya sometimes because you will order something and then they will tell you it is backordered AFTER you complete the order. The thing to do is call or do an online chat which I believe both companies offer and do an availability check BEFORE placing an order. I have done this before to find a part is no longer available and it saves the headache. Still, kudos on the great prices as long as you can actually get the parts :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by pmkls1
patrs 411 has awesome deals on some items. I noticed a new muzzys full system starts out at $504 and thats what I plan on doing. Somebody needs to pass the word on about them as they have some pretty competitive pricing. Also Ivans has a pretty good reputation, I believe I will be using one when I do my full exhaust in about a month. I used one on my old katana with great results............
Do the full exhaust, I put a full muzzy titanium on my 01' track bike and it is sweet. light too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My riding buddy just tried to order the same pipe and got a voice mail from parts411.com cancelling the order - out of stock and backordered. What a way to do business.

·
Registered
164 Posts
like I said it is best to check availability before you get your hopes up. I just hope I can get the exhaust I want when I go to order it...................

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.