Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
i had a friend of mine who worked for jim awhile ago, and he had the same words to say about jim than 250cutie did...whats so bad about him... i used to get stuff there when i used to race motocross... the staff seemed to be ok?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can't say I was ever treated badly there! They were actually very helpfull and friendly when I got my tires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I Would never buy from there but the service was kick ass at 1 time.
But That`s when i din`t no better and drove a honda;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by mojorisun
installation?
I beleive its $25 off the bike and $35 on the bike per tire. If you buy them there. More probably if you don't.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Originally posted by caboose
make sure you know how old these tires are, if there more than a year old then odds are they're hard as a rock and you'll hate them
Tires are coated in wax for a good reason... Their shelf life is about 4-5 years, not one. Anything less than a year old is considered very fresh, and since this is only the second year of production for the Power, you won't have any problems with the age.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by pat
i had a friend of mine who worked for jim awhile ago, and he had the same words to say about jim than 250cutie did...whats so bad about him... i used to get stuff there when i used to race motocross... the staff seemed to be ok?
The staff is really great, its just Jim. Even his son is a nice guy. My dad, my good friend and my bf had big probs with them. With my bf, he took deposit, then Jim changed his mind and refused to give the deposit back. There is more to the story, but that is what ill tell you about it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by caboose
make sure you know how old these tires are, if there more than a year old then odds are they're hard as a rock and you'll hate them
Agree always important to check the age of the tires to make sure you aren't getting a supposed deal on some left over old tires. Friends and I picked up 6 sets of Pilot Powers last week and they are all well under a year old. The dealer is selling tons of tires with this sale and on at least there 3rd order of powers so you're not likely to get an old tire if getting a popular size / type. If your ordering an odd size or an uncommon tire best to check for sure.

For anyone who doesn't know you can check a tires age by looking at the sidewall for the DOT number. At the end of the DOT number the last 4 digit in a little oval are the manufactor week/year of the tire. WWYY... the powers I have are 3805 so made about mid sept. 2005.

If tires are in stock check the date before paying... if they have to order be up front and tell them how old of a tire you'll accept so they have there supplier check the date before shipping them.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Well since the Powers have only been in production for about a year and a half, you're not gonna get an old tire.
Don't just get fixated on the manufacture date either, take a good look at where the tires are being stored... a 6 month old tire that has been stored in the back of a hot shed will be in much worse shape than a 2 year old tire that has been sitting in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.