Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ratherberiding
Joined
·
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so selfish cause I just got my 636 in May and I'm already trying to figure out how I can buy an 07. My real dilemna is which one should be the track bike. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 636, but one of these would look great in the garage:




2007 ZX-6R: Track bike or main bike!?!?!?!
 

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
Joined
·
8,430 Posts
Originally posted by joonyaboy
I feel so selfish cause I just got my 636 in May and I'm already trying to figure out how I can buy an 07. My real dilemna is which one should be the track bike. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 636, but one of these would look great in the garage:




2007 ZX-6R: Track bike or main bike!?!?!?!
Well, parts and performance bits will probably be rare and expensive for the 07 for a while, so it might be more efficient to use the 636 as the track bike.
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Especially since you already crashed the 636, I'd say use that one as your track bike. Then again, in a few years the 636 will become a rare item and I personally would wanna keep it in good order.

Seriously tho, how do you have enuf money to buy a 636 and a brand new 07 6R? Stop selling drugs :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by discohusker
Why can't it be bLUE!:(
Ditto. I'd like to have an '07 in the stable, but would never get rid of my 636 to get one.. ever!

I still can't figure out why they don't offer a blue in '07. Seriously..
 

·
ratherberiding
Joined
·
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by FightingFalcon


Seriously tho, how do you have enuf money to buy a 636 and a brand new 07 6R? Stop selling drugs :D
I don't!! BUT...selling drugs you say?? Interesting idea. Is that how you can afford the repair bills:D No I take that back, that's a low blow. It actually hurts me to know that you haven't ridden your bike in so long. I get cranky if I miss one day.

Back to the money thing. I actually think about a second income on a daily basis just to support the addiction
 

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
Joined
·
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by joonyaboy



I don't!! BUT...selling drugs you say?? Interesting idea. Is that how you can afford the repair bills:D No I take that back, that's a low blow. It actually hurts me to know that you haven't ridden your bike in so long. I get cranky if I miss one day.

Back to the money thing. I actually think about a second income on a daily basis just to support the addiction
I can't even begin to describe the empty feeling I get by not having my bike. I haven't made plans for the past 8 weeks in a row because there is a slight chance that my bike will be ready each weekend. Nothing makes me happy...I just drift along feeling empty inside.

Bleh....I keep praying to get that call from the dealer. Until then I keep every single weekend open (I went out last weekend but that was a rare occasion these past few months) and don't spend any money. I haven't ridden in 2 months!!!

I have a triple income (altho they're all pretty small) to support my addiction. I just can't wait to graduate and get some serious cash. On our anniversary (May 18th), I plan on getting my bike a partner for the track [:p]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,463 Posts
Fresh from NEw York...I'M BACK!!!!!!!

Yeah i will see how they look and feel when they come out...but i am going to be honest with you after my super ride in washington state last thursday i wont be buying another 600/636/675 for street use.

I will be looking into a 1200?cc ducati though when the time comes..
The smaller bikes are just so much damn work on the street and now i truly know it, after denyiing it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt



Well, parts and performance bits will probably be rare and expensive for the 07 for a while, so it might be more efficient to use the 636 as the track bike.
I hope that means the performance parts for our bikes go down then!
 

·
ratherberiding
Joined
·
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by FightingFalcon



I can't even begin to describe the empty feeling I get by not having my bike. I haven't made plans for the past 8 weeks in a row because there is a slight chance that my bike will be ready each weekend. Nothing makes me happy...I just drift along feeling empty inside.

Bleh....I keep praying to get that call from the dealer. Until then I keep every single weekend open (I went out last weekend but that was a rare occasion these past few months) and don't spend any money. I haven't ridden in 2 months!!!

I have a triple income (altho they're all pretty small) to support my addiction. I just can't wait to graduate and get some serious cash. On our anniversary (May 18th), I plan on getting my bike a partner for the track [:p]

Maybe this is just in FL, but they have some dealerships where you get a loaner bike while your is being repaired. Granted, it won't be an awesome bike, but it'll have two wheels!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
07 track bike...people will look down on you for still using the 636
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I must admit that I'm disappointed that they've dropped the 636. I have previously owned litre bikes (98' R1 & 02' Gixxer 1000), but I fell in love with the style and capabilities of the 05' Ninja 636. My buddies all still ride litre bikes, but I'm not sure that I will go back. We all did some track days this year and I lapped all of them on my mini-ninja that made 40-50 RWHP less...that was great. I wish that Kawi kept the 636, as I don't know if I want to give up another 37cc's. I hit a 300lb deer last week and the mini-Ninja is a write-off. Now I have to decide what to replace it with??? [8D]

Originally posted by joonyaboy
I feel so selfish cause I just got my 636 in May and I'm already trying to figure out how I can buy an 07. My real dilemna is which one should be the track bike. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my 636, but one of these would look great in the garage:




2007 ZX-6R: Track bike or main bike!?!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
I went to the Vancouver bike show and I must say I don't like the new ZX6R. I LOVE my 636! I know the new one is supposed to be lighter, faster, etc but it is UGLY. That front looks like .......! And to echo - it does not come in BLUE! Here is the race vs. of the 07 from the show.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top