Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i was bored so i took some pics of my bike. Going for a ride this weekend(if it don't rain again)i will post some pics on tuesday of the ride.[:p]

and[^]

Go Green

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Hey Dman,

I notice you still have the side reflectors in the rear.

A lot of people don't take those relfectors off because they think they have to disconnect the wiring for the rear turn signals.

I used tin snips on mine.

You can use bolt cutters or tin snips and take the reflector bracket off on each side of the undertail, then you can shave the fender up closer to the tail lights.

It's a real easy mod and it cleans the rear end up even nicer.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah i was gonna shave the whole damn thing off but in the battle of wether or not i am gonna sell it i have not done anything else. Lazy i guess[^]
Originally posted by Flash Ahhh

Hey Dman,

I notice you still have the side reflectors in the rear.

A lot of people don't take those relfectors off because they think they have to disconnect the wiring for the rear turn signals.

I used tin snips on mine.

You can use bolt cutters or tin snips and take the reflector bracket off on each side of the undertail, then you can shave the fender up closer to the tail lights.

It's a real easy mod and it cleans the rear end up even nicer.

-Flash

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle
Go Green

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sweet looking bike and I just love the green. In fact I am getting the indentical bike in a couple weeks if the seller gets off his tuff and take care of some paper work with the bank and rmv. My question is, Are those flush mount turn signals on the front as it is a little hard to tell. And if there are who makes them and to be even more direct were did you get them. The 99 I am getting is mint except for a broken turn signal(broke off recently when bike was taken from storage).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Cropover20; Yes they are flushmounts and they came from www.targa-acc.com they cost 25.95 for the set. And yes they were a little bit of a pain in the ass. If you decide to put them on let me know or send me an email at [email protected] and i can give you a few pointers to make it a little easier.[^]

Go Green

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks Dman, I was over by a local Kawa dealer today talking with a couple of guys there. I was told in Ma the signal have to be a certain size and sticking off the bike. Basically flush mounts are illegal. He said they would not even inpect my bike with flush mounts or very small short stocks. He did in fact show me some short stock that were legal.($18) He said most cops will let you slide but some will bust your hump. So I am going to go with a short stock carbon fiber. I saw someone post instruction in another part of the forum. Now ack to waiting for the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.