Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really love how the 08 looks completely different by just having the green wheels and the bottom fairing painted black on the green bikes. I am planning on getting my 07 painted to match but would it be cheaper to buy some 08 wheels or get mine painted?

·
Registered
264 Posts
yea they are pretty smooth

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i like the green wheels aswell but i like the black ones better. i also like the black lower fairings. thats why i painted mine black:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll trade you. I got 920ish miles on my wheels and lower fairing. I would love a green lower and non-green wheels. I hate cleaning them. And the black lower to me looks unfinished. cheaper than paint and buying wheels.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
wow, and i'm sitting here thinking the only difference (cosmetically) between the 07 & 08 were the wheels... ya i feel like a douche right now....

I like the green, it sets the bike off for sure.. It is sorta a pain to keep clean, but its one of the best features about the bike so i live with it.. I have been thinking about painting them tho, b/c if-when i decide to paint the bike a different color i'm gonna be limited to basically white,black & perhaps silver.. Trading the wheels for black would greatly increase my options..

·
Registered
125 Posts
b/c if-when i decide to paint the bike a different color i'm gonna be limited to basically white,black & perhaps silver.. Trading the wheels for black would greatly increase my options..
My thoughts exactly, its the problem I'm having on painting my bike now. I don't want to bother painting the wheels...mainly because I have to ride my bike daily while it's being painted. gotta limit the downtime. so i'm trying to get either black or red wheels to open up my color options. i got a couple good ideas, but if i can get different wheels my decision will be so much easier. it's nice if you like it how it is, but makes it a pain in the butt when you want to change it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
pm nickysixx3sixx he will trade he has pm'd tring to trade up for my greens.
My thoughts exactly, its the problem I'm having on painting my bike now. I don't want to bother painting the wheels...mainly because I have to ride my bike daily while it's being painted. gotta limit the downtime. so i'm trying to get either black or red wheels to open up my color options. i got a couple good ideas, but if i can get different wheels my decision will be so much easier. it's nice if you like it how it is, but makes it a pain in the butt when you want to change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts