Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. I bought a 2016 Kawasaki ninja 650 and I took out the little DRL white lights in the top corners of the headlights and installed green LED's. Everything was running great until the other night when my bright light, horn and running lights went out. So I unplugged the brake lights the fuse still blew, I unplug the horn the fuse still blew, I took out the LED green DRL lights I put in and now my brake lights work. Are those little green LED lights really what's blowing my fuse? I want to put them back in does anybody suggest anything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did put them back in and the fuse didn't blow. But that's not to say it's not going to blow down the road. That's what I'm asking. The previous owner of my bike a bike put in HID lights because I don't think my bike came stalk with hid lights. Does anybody know if the HID lights draw a lot of power because they have ballasts? My headlights don't blow when the fuse goes but I think it's all tied in to the wiring harness My headlights don't blow when the fuse goes but I think it's all tied in to the wiring harness

·
Registered
103 Posts
HID does draw quite a bit of power at ignition, but not during operation. But, sounds like maybe something grounded out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts