Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 5 years of riding and I had my first crash today.
I dunno if the bike is totalled or not, but I assume so.

As for me, I was wearing my leather jacket, gloves, and helmet.
I was only wearing khakis so I have some road rash on each legs, other then that, I feel OK at the moment, we'll see in a few hours.

As for what happened, I was riding home from work as usuall, and coming upto a spot where the highway splits into 2 highways. The one on the left was slow, so I moved into the right lane, just after I finished this, I see a car in the middle lane, so 1 lane to my left, slam on his brakes, the car behind him slammed on his and swerved into my lane, I grabbed the brakes but he was right in front of me. I had time to think, "O Shit". So I hit him right in the middle of his bumper. I remember going up onto his trunk, and then rolling on the ground thinking, "don't run me over!". I came to a stop and jumped onto my feet and walked off the highway. a transport truck has seen me go down and blocked off the lane to prevent me from getting run over thankfully.

I walked over to the bike and just sort of stared at it for a minute, then the transport truck driver came and said I should sit down, so I knelt down for a minute. The driver of the car who cut in front of me came up and asked if I was OK,I said I think I was fine. He then says, something along the lines of "I can't afford anything on my insurance man". I told him I would just tell the cops what happened and they could sort it out.

A bunch of co-workers from my carpool rolled up a few minutes later to see if I was OK. I called my wife and told her what happened, and I was OK.

Anyway, the driver of the car of course said it was my fault, he claims he never left his lane, and I just hit him in the back.

Anyway, I'll grab some pics of myself later, they towed my bike off so I don't have any pics yet.

I'm off now to take some pics of the highway, there were skid marks in my lane, which the cop, who was quite anti-bike, said didn't mean anything.

more later :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
that sucks...glad your ok though. what about getting a statement from other witnesses like the guy in the transport truck? did he see it happen?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Glad to hear your OK bro. Since that guy cried about his insurance he should defanitly pay for all your repairs or a new bike.....Well at least his insurance company should.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Its always a question of when is it someone's turn.. Hopefully it comes out alright like you did, wouldnt want to imagine it being any worse.. The guy saying something about his insurance sure denotes some sort of guilt in my eyes.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Damn, that's crazy. Glad you're ok. What speeds did this happen at? Did yo get contact info or something from the witnesses? If the cop decides to stick to his theory and think that you hit that car on your fault, you kinda screwed. I hope it turns out the best for you. Heal up quick and start looking for an 05-06 ;)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
glad to hear you're OK.....don't let that guy get away saying that you caused the accident :(:(

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Glad you are ok.

That would piss me off beyond the high Seas if someone would straight out lie to put me in a place where all of the repairs were on me even though it wasn't my fault. You should look for some witnesses, and if you end up paying for all of the damages, I hope you atleast know where the guy lives so that he has to repair some stuff in the end anyways.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Definitely get info from the truck driver and hopefully he'll testify as a witness in court. If the cop is biased and the guy who swerved infront of you is lying then civil court is where you'll have to go. I am glad you are OK, +1 for gear. This has been a really bad season for riding [V].

·
Registered
197 Posts
happy your ok and your cherry is busted by a stupid cager btw i see how the cadanaians drive down here when they are in ny and the suck no offence

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash! I'm glad you are okay! Heal up fast and let us know what's up with the bike and the idiot that caused you to crash!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got a couple pics, of my gear, nothing of bike yet.
I also took some pis of the skidmarks, don't know if they will help if it goes to court, but better to have them then not.

Little road rash, other leg is a little less then this.

Thank you HJC, did your job.

Thank you Rhyno jacket and gloves, also did their jobs.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by tdahle
Were you wearing those dress slippers when you went down?
Heh, no, was wearing my steel toe shoes. If I had my boots on (work boots, not bike boots, my ankle wouldn't be scraped, but otherwise would be the same.

I think in the future, if I am riding without my leather pants, I'll be wearing underarmour. It's not really sore, but if I had boots on and that, I've probably just be banged up, no road rash.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Glad to hear about the HJC holding up.

I've been hearing some comments recently about the HJC being shitty quality and since both my helmets are HJC....been kinda freaking me out.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.