Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my name is Miklos, I bought my first bike a couple weeks ago, a 2007 Ninja 650R with 32000 miles and no fairings, Street fighter style. I can't stand the dim freaking headlight though... I've been riding mopeds for ten years (I'm 25 now) and I figured it was time to make the upgrade. I almost started with a 250 because I've always heard they are the best starter bikes but man I'm glad I went with the bigger one! I'm a college kid going for a degree in automotive technology and I've been working on anything with an engine since my first moped at 15 years old. It was a 50cc Sachs Madass and holy crap it was fun riding and tinkering with it. I'm looking forward to meeting people and absorbing knowledge like a sponge. Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Greetings. The 650 is not an unreasonable bike to start off with, but I will tell you that the 250 is a lot more bike than people realize. The lack of fuel injection in mine is probably a bigger issue than the displacement. : -P

If you're into tinkering, a couple easy mods I did were to replace the clutch plate springs with stiffer ones from Barnett and replaced the shifter spring with a stiffer one. I like knowing that I've actually shifted rather than assuming that I've shifted just because I've hit the limit of the lever. Price on it was obscene though.

The other nice one, is to replace the stock levers with ones adjustable shorty ones. Just do yourself a favor and pay the money for good ones. Or just adjustable ones, it's nice to be able to adjust them so that they activate where your hands are strongest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings. The 650 is not an unreasonable bike to start off with, but I will tell you that the 250 is a lot more bike than people realize. The lack of fuel injection in mine is probably a bigger issue than the displacement. : -P

If you're into tinkering, a couple easy mods I did were to replace the clutch plate springs with stiffer ones from Barnett and replaced the shifter spring with a stiffer one. I like knowing that I've actually shifted rather than assuming that I've shifted just because I've hit the limit of the lever. Price on it was obscene though.

The other nice one, is to replace the stock levers with ones adjustable shorty ones. Just do yourself a favor and pay the money for good ones. Or just adjustable ones, it's nice to be able to adjust them so that they activate where your hands are strongest.
Thanks for the advice! I actually dropped her yesterday for the first time, at a dead stop in a parking lot, and bent the brake lever, and I've been wanting to get gold levers anyway so I'll look around for adjustable ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts