Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, Name's Samuel.
I own a 2010 ex250 special edition in black and red.
I love my ninja and I think it's funny when people talk smack about 250ccs!

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
I think you mean MPS wet NITROUS kit. NOS is a brand. That'd be akin to saying I have a Chevy 1500 Ford. And before you drop $1,000 into a nitrous kit for your 250, just save your moneys and ride the crap out of it. Notice those kits are meant for 4-cylinder bikes?

You're going to have to plumb a fuel pump because it's a wet kit, half the kit you won't need because you only have 2 cylinders, and logically 5 horsepower, possibly 10 would be the most you'd want to hit a 250 with. So dropping that sort of money on a nitrous kit, having to have a rats nest of plumbing and wiring (half of which is capped off) which would still make it slower than even a bone-stock EX-500 would be... Silly?

And you're thinking of swapping in a ZX6r engine? I think you'd find yourself in way over your head expecially if you had to pay someone else just to install the jet kit and have an otherwise bone-stock 250 engine. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you mean MPS wet NITROUS kit. NOS is a brand. That'd be akin to saying I have a Chevy 1500 Ford. And before you drop $1,000 into a nitrous kit for your 250, just save your moneys and ride the crap out of it. Notice those kits are meant for 4-cylinder bikes?

You're going to have to plumb a fuel pump because it's a wet kit, half the kit you won't need because you only have 2 cylinders, and logically 5 horsepower, possibly 10 would be the most you'd want to hit a 250 with. So dropping that sort of money on a nitrous kit, having to have a rats nest of plumbing and wiring (half of which is capped off) which would still make it slower than even a bone-stock EX-500 would be... Silly?

And you're thinking of swapping in a ZX6r engine? I think you'd find yourself in way over your head expecially if you had to pay someone else just to install the jet kit and have an otherwise bone-stock 250 engine. ;)
Definitely. I thought NOS was just short for nitrous oxide. Didn't realize it was a brand. I have a mechanic friend who could do a swap... I crave more power!!:buzzsaw::buzzsaw:

I've seen swaps done before, for ex 500s and zx6's. A lot of work and adds 30-50 pounds to the bike... but could be an interesting project after I get out of mechanic school. Might as well hold off on power until I get a new bike.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
N2O - nitrous oxide.

I would also advise against the engine swap... it wouldn't be worth the giant pain in the ass it'd be. Just buy a decent 600 instead.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Definitely. I thought NOS was just short for nitrous oxide. Didn't realize it was a brand. I have a mechanic friend who could do a swap... I crave more power!!:buzzsaw::buzzsaw:

I've seen swaps done before, for ex 500s and zx6's. A lot of work and adds 30-50 pounds to the bike... but could be an interesting project after I get out of mechanic school. Might as well hold off on power until I get a new bike.
you won't learn any of the necessary skills for that swap at a "mechanic school"

it's all fabrication.

not to mention the fact that the 250 chassis won't take the power a 600 puts out.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
you won't learn any of the necessary skills for that swap at a "mechanic school"

it's all fabrication.

not to mention the fact that the 250 chassis won't take the power a 600 puts out.
+1
i have an mmi grad working for me and he's.. not all that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1
i have an mmi grad working for me and he's.. not all that.
MIT people make me laugh. A bunch of pretentious, worthless bookworms.
Motorcycle work is all hands on and experience/experimentation based.
Though basic technical knowledge never hurts.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
MMI :p I used to prefer to hire techs (women especially) that were eager to work their way up and LEARN hands-on. More often than not you'd get people who got some bullshit certificates and they were almost always worthless. They typically cost you money in the end because they do things the way they were taught on one type of engine which is potentially completely wrong on a different engine and then stuff breaks.

And as for the women part: Women almost always will admit if they don't know something, and they LEARN things the first time in my experience. You get some cocky young-shit guy who thinks they know everything; and they don't, you usually have to show them multiple times how something is done. Frustrating to say the least :D

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
MIT =/= MMI....
I dunno, for the cost they charge you to go to MMI you'd think you're going to one of the best schools in the country... Although people will typically hire you after you graduate MIT, not so much with MMI :p

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
MIT people make me laugh. A bunch of pretentious, worthless bookworms.
Motorcycle work is all hands on and experience/experimentation based.
Though basic technical knowledge never hurts.
...and you would be a pretentious, worthless street-smart person?

I've had the pleasure of getting to know a few MIT grads and most are smart as hell. Just because they sit down and plan something out before doing it, doesn't mean they're "worthless". If anything, it means they're better because they don't have to undo and redo things, all the while wasting valuable materials and time.

Sure, some of them were pretty fuggin stupid with their head in the clouds but most were pretty damn smart. MIT isn't hard to get into for nothing.

With cream cheese icing... fuck mustard. :squint:
Fuck any toppings, just eat it plain...and like it!

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
...and you would be a pretentious, worthless street-smart person?

I've had the pleasure of getting to know a few MIT grads and most are smart as hell. Just because they sit down and plan something out before doing it, doesn't mean they're "worthless". If anything, it means they're better because they don't have to undo and redo things, all the while wasting valuable materials and time.

Sure, some of them were pretty fuggin stupid with their head in the clouds but most were pretty damn smart. MIT isn't hard to get into for nothing.

Fuck any toppings, just eat it plain...and like it!
I think he meant to say MMI there Jay. :D

And no!! I will not eat a plain soft pretzel!! I'm a 'murrican!!

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
What'd I say?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts