Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every gripe that I have with the ZX-6R has been addressed with the new bike (03). Fuel injection is a must now, so atleast the Kawi has it now lol. Radial mounted brakes and inverted forks?? This 600 is going to be a killer. The chassis is stiffer/more rigid, and they finally went digital with the tach. The only thing that I really have to complain about is the lack of a re-inforced swingarm. Every 600 has it for 2003, so why not big green??

Still, I am grinning just thinking about the badass 599cc shootouts in the spring.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"re-inforced swingarm"

is this really needed though? not even sure what real world benefits it would provide..care to enlighten me?

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
better handling...although I am sure that the new swingarm will be very strong as well. My thought is this, if all the other bikes consider it useful enough to add it then why not team green? It is definately used in racing, and bike manufacturing directly benefits from lessons learned on the race track.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"My thought is this, if all the other bikes consider it useful enough to add it then why not team green"

well, i see your point, but alot of manufacturers will add "checklist" features to make their bike sound better then the competition, when infact it offers no real world performance.

but if they are using them in racing, then i suppose it does have it's benefits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other HUGE fact is that the Kawi will be the only competitive sportbike without it, 600cc through 1000cc. That is odd.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
yeah, but it's about time. Kawasaki was behind so long in tech, they should be glad they had some good riders to make up for it.

It will be interesting to see how team green does this season with the new zx-6rr and in MotoGP (is that this comming season or next?)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think I will stick to my 2000 model looks I really dont like the front end of the new 03 6r. It look more and more like its desighner every year. I do like the tail section and think that the reinforced swingarm would not do to much but add weight.

vooooorooom!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Mike,

hahaha

nope, I have plenty of motocycle love to go around...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hayden does not have a Reinforced Swing arm, and seemed to do just fine running the 636 with the 750's at Daytona, a track normally suited for the heavy hitters i.e. 750's and liter bikes. I do wish that the kwaker had the reinforced swingarm, but only for aesthetic reasons. The thick swingarm does look better, but as far as the practical use, I don't think that any of us on this site would be able to tell any difference in Performance, especially on the streets.
lane has attached this file: rider_hayden7.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.