Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Finally got to put mine on. Had lots of clouded bubbles show up a few hours the first time I put it on (even with a hair dryer) and had to reapply it the next day- now it's perfect. Now if lamin-x sold a windscreen kit to match...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Got mine in today. Threw it in the trash.

I applied it and followed the directions religiously, it came out looking like SHIT. The fitment was aweful, and not to mention when I got it done and on, there was a horrible haze over the whole thing as if I didn't get the water out, or the adhesive was applied to something taken off then put on the bike.

I hated it. It only got worse with the lights on, and it wasn't half as dark as I wanted, if it wasn't your bike you wouldn't even notice it had a tinted headlight.

Thanks for the group buy, and getting the discount price, but mine was seriously flawed or something.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Got mine in today. Threw it in the trash.

I applied it and followed the directions religiously, it came out looking like SHIT. The fitment was aweful, and not to mention when I got it done and on, there was a horrible haze over the whole thing as if I didn't get the water out, or the adhesive was applied to something taken off then put on the bike.

I hated it. It only got worse with the lights on, and it wasn't half as dark as I wanted, if it wasn't your bike you wouldn't even notice it had a tinted headlight.

Thanks for the group buy, and getting the discount price, but mine was seriously flawed or something.

You should have contacted the company instead of throwing it away. I'm sure they have some sort of warranty or return/exchange policy. I would assume they'd want customer satisfaction instead of leaving you obviously disgruntle.

·
Registered
288 Posts
yes, that's because you are afraid of the dark and little toilet deamons. Kindly STFUUFB

Ahaa, oh good one. You got me there.

/off topic

anyways.. lamin-x.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You should have contacted the company instead of throwing it away. I'm sure they have some sort of warranty or return/exchange policy. I would assume they'd want customer satisfaction instead of leaving you obviously disgruntle.
I don't believe i'll get a refund since its a kind of one-time use thing. Not like I can re-turn it and they can re-stock it.

I tried several times tinting the headlight with window tint, and it just wont work, there is to much of a curve, the kinks every time around the bottom of the light.

I wish there was some way I could get a REAL tinted headlight. Even if the gunsmoke lamin-x would have worked out correctly, I would have STILL not been happy as it bearly tinted it. IMO. The guy at lamin-x said it [gun smoke] was the darkest they offer. He said smoked was more brown or something, and I wouldn't be interested on a black bike. He said it was 'dark'. Personally, I would call the tint that I recieved a 'smoke' definatly no relation to 'dark' in any way.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I don't believe i'll get a refund since its a kind of one-time use thing. Not like I can re-turn it and they can re-stock it.

I tried several times tinting the headlight with window tint, and it just wont work, there is to much of a curve, the kinks every time around the bottom of the light.

I wish there was some way I could get a REAL tinted headlight. Even if the gunsmoke lamin-x would have worked out correctly, I would have STILL not been happy as it bearly tinted it. IMO. The guy at lamin-x said it [gun smoke] was the darkest they offer. He said smoked was more brown or something, and I wouldn't be interested on a black bike. He said it was 'dark'. Personally, I would call the tint that I recieved a 'smoke' definatly no relation to 'dark' in any way.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I hope you find something to tint it more to your liking.

·
Registered
288 Posts
thanks for the good wishes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
haha not that hard at all was it!? you're the only one that had so much trouble.. :violent:

I've tinted windows on many cars. Never had any trouble, the quality of my piece was poor.

You're not getting off to a good start with only 13 posts.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts