Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry guys still no word yet...I'm waiting on prices and quantities to be finalized so I could setup the GB....

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
there are ppl who do take slim point and shoot camera's and stick them in their helmet to do motorcycle vlogs. plenty of them on youtube. i used to be one of them till i crashed and broke my two front teeth as a result back in 2007.

i still have the vids up if you want to see em BB at livevideo.com/jonnyfranx.
yeah I don't want to be sticking anything into my helmet aside from sunglasses.

Not to mention, I was looking for something more eloquent in design.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
yeah I don't want to be sticking anything into my helmet aside from sunglasses.

Not to mention, I was looking for something more eloquent in design.
Bullet style is probably your best bet.

I wish the GoPro was bullet style since it gets hit head on by the wind! How is that a wise design?? Let's make the largest side of the camera perpendicular to the wind direction!! Go figure!

:dunno:

The strength of the GoPro camera in my opinion is the simplicity in design, the ruggedness, the assortment of mounts and the quality of the video it produces specially the HD cameras.

The weakness of the GoPro camera is the bulkiness I mentioned above and the lack of a video display screen which would allow you to point the camera. The other cameras I have (except for the Oregon Scientific) either have a video display (MotoComm) or lasers (VHoldr Contour) to align your shot.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

:)

·
13,060 Posts
Bullet style is probably your best bet.

I wish the GoPro was bullet style since it gets hit head on by the wind! How is that a wise design?? Let's make the largest side of the camera perpendicular to the wind direction!! Go figure!

:dunno:

The strength of the GoPro camera in my opinion is the simplicity in design, the ruggedness, the assortment of mounts and the quality of the video it produces specially the HD cameras.

The weakness of the GoPro camera is the bulkiness I mentioned above and the lack of a video display screen which would allow you to point the camera. The other cameras I have (except for the Oregon Scientific) either have a video display (MotoComm) or lasers (VHoldr Contour) to align your shot.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

yeah I was looking into others aside from the big two and none really fit my needs that well.

Yeah that gopro seems really rugged and well put together when put next to the contour.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
OK here it goes.... The Group Buy is gonna be going for two weeks Jan 7-21, 2011.
Last day is Jan 21, 2011. The ship dates are Jan 24-28

Inorder to fulfill the price I worked out...I need 30 or more people to commit and pay ahead of time.
You will be invoiced through Paypal. If you dont have Paypal I can't help you. Paypal works out for both parties.
"If I dont fulfill, you can contact paypal and vice versa."

$228 Go Pro Hero HD Motorsports Kit...savings of $71 off retail

If you want a 16GB SD Card Add $25... savings of $24 off retail

Shipping would be
Domestic $5
Canada is $20
International is $45.

Please specify If you want the 16GB SD Card or not...

If you guys are interested let me know ... PM or Email [email protected] subject line "GB GOPRO"

What's Included:

* 1 HD HERO Camera (5 megapixel)
* 1 Rechargable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
* 1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180’/60 m)
* 3 Flat, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
* 2 Curved, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
* 2 Quick-Release Buckles
* 1 Vertical Surface “J-Hook” Buckle
* 1 Suction Cup Mount
* 1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly
* 1 USB Cable
* 1 Component Video (HDTV) Cable
* 1 Composite Video + Audio Out Cable
* Warranty: One Year

Tech Specs:

Camera Optics

* Lens Type: Fixed Focus (2ft/.6m – ∞), glass
* Aperture: f/2.8 (high performance in low-light situations)
* Angle of View: 170º ultra wide angle in WVGA, 720p, or 960p mode
* Angle of View: 127º wide angle in 1080p mode

Video

* HD Video Resolution Modes: (subject to change, pending final firmware release)
o 1080p = 1920x1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
o 960p = 1280x960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
o 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
o 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
o WVGA = 848x480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
* Sensor Type: 1/2.5" HD CMOS, 2.2µm-sized pixels
* Light Sensitivity: Super low-light sensitivity (>1.4 V/lux-sec)
* Video Format: H.264 compression, saved as Windows- & Mac-compatible MPEG4 (.mp4) file
* Exposure Control: Auto with user selectable center weighted average and spot metering settings
* White Balance: Auto

Audio

* Microphone: Built-in, mono with AGC (automatic gain control)
* Audio Format: 48 kHz, AAC audio compression

Photo

* Resolution: 5 megapixel
* Capture Modes: Single shot, photo every 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 secs.; 3 photo burst; self-timer

Storage

* Memory: SD card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC)
* Average recording times (using 32GB SD card):
o 1080p (30 fps): 4h 21m
o 960p (30 fps): 5h 26m
o 720p (60 fps): 4h 21
o 720p (30 fps): 8h 09m
o WVGA (60 fps): 8h 09m

Camera Connectors & Cables

* PC Connection: USB 2.0 (data connection and battery charging)
* HDTV Out: HD NTSC & PAL (component cable incl.)
* Audio Out: Combo 2.5mm jack with stereo audio and composite video out
* PC Compatibility: Windows® Vista or Windows® 7; Mac OS® X 10.4.11 and later

Power & Battery

* Battery Type: Rechargeable 1100 mAh lithium-ion
* Battery Life: Approx. 2.5 hrs
* Charging: via USB to computer or optional power adapter
* Charge Time: 80% capacity after 1 hour with optional power adapter; or 2 hours with a computer’s USB port

Waterproof Camera Housing

* Depth Rating: Up to 180 feet / 60 meters
* Construction: Polycarbonate and stainless steel
* Hardware: Stainless steel

Size & Weight

* Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6” x 2.4” x 1.2” (42mm x 60mm x 30mm)
* Weight: 3.3oz (94g) incl. battery, 5.9oz (167g) incl. housing

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just call TJ at Rider Discount 866.931.6644 ext 817. I purchased one a few months ago shipped to my house cheaper than that group buy price.

OK here it goes.... The Group Buy is gonna be going for two weeks Jan 7-21, 2011.
Last day is Jan 21, 2011. The ship dates are Jan 24-28

Inorder to fulfill the price I worked out...I need 30 or more people to commit and pay ahead of time.
You will be invoiced through Paypal. If you dont have Paypal I can't help you. Paypal works out for both parties.
"If I dont fulfill, you can contact paypal and vice versa."

$228 Go Pro Hero HD Motorsports Kit...savings of $71 off retail

If you want a 16GB SD Card Add $25... savings of $24 off retail

Shipping would be
Domestic $5
Canada is $20
International is $45.

Please specify If you want the 16GB SD Card or not...

If you guys are interested let me know ... PM or Email [email protected] subject line "GB GOPRO"

What's Included:

* 1 HD HERO Camera (5 megapixel)
* 1 Rechargable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
* 1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180’/60 m)
* 3 Flat, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
* 2 Curved, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
* 2 Quick-Release Buckles
* 1 Vertical Surface “J-Hook” Buckle
* 1 Suction Cup Mount
* 1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly
* 1 USB Cable
* 1 Component Video (HDTV) Cable
* 1 Composite Video + Audio Out Cable
* Warranty: One Year

Tech Specs:

Camera Optics

* Lens Type: Fixed Focus (2ft/.6m – ∞), glass
* Aperture: f/2.8 (high performance in low-light situations)
* Angle of View: 170º ultra wide angle in WVGA, 720p, or 960p mode
* Angle of View: 127º wide angle in 1080p mode

Video

* HD Video Resolution Modes: (subject to change, pending final firmware release)
o 1080p = 1920x1080 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
o 960p = 1280x960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate
o 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 15 Mbit/s data rate
o 720p = 1280x720 pixels (16:9), 30 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
o WVGA = 848x480 pixels (16:9), 60 fps, 8 Mbit/s data rate
* Sensor Type: 1/2.5" HD CMOS, 2.2µm-sized pixels
* Light Sensitivity: Super low-light sensitivity (>1.4 V/lux-sec)
* Video Format: H.264 compression, saved as Windows- & Mac-compatible MPEG4 (.mp4) file
* Exposure Control: Auto with user selectable center weighted average and spot metering settings
* White Balance: Auto

Audio

* Microphone: Built-in, mono with AGC (automatic gain control)
* Audio Format: 48 kHz, AAC audio compression

Photo

* Resolution: 5 megapixel
* Capture Modes: Single shot, photo every 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 secs.; 3 photo burst; self-timer

Storage

* Memory: SD card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC)
* Average recording times (using 32GB SD card):
o 1080p (30 fps): 4h 21m
o 960p (30 fps): 5h 26m
o 720p (60 fps): 4h 21
o 720p (30 fps): 8h 09m
o WVGA (60 fps): 8h 09m

Camera Connectors & Cables

* PC Connection: USB 2.0 (data connection and battery charging)
* HDTV Out: HD NTSC & PAL (component cable incl.)
* Audio Out: Combo 2.5mm jack with stereo audio and composite video out
* PC Compatibility: Windows® Vista or Windows® 7; Mac OS® X 10.4.11 and later

Power & Battery

* Battery Type: Rechargeable 1100 mAh lithium-ion
* Battery Life: Approx. 2.5 hrs
* Charging: via USB to computer or optional power adapter
* Charge Time: 80% capacity after 1 hour with optional power adapter; or 2 hours with a computer’s USB port

Waterproof Camera Housing

* Depth Rating: Up to 180 feet / 60 meters
* Construction: Polycarbonate and stainless steel
* Hardware: Stainless steel

Size & Weight

* Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.6” x 2.4” x 1.2” (42mm x 60mm x 30mm)
* Weight: 3.3oz (94g) incl. battery, 5.9oz (167g) incl. housing

·
13,060 Posts
Just call TJ at Rider Discount 866.931.6644 ext 817. I purchased one a few months ago shipped to my house cheaper than that group buy price.
yeah, TJ hooked me up with all my mods at sick prices.
For once a company whose name isn't just a name (the company is called Riders Discount)

No offense, but sending money to a random paypal address for a GB sounds sketchy as hell. I was interested, but the alarms are sounding for me... :dunno:
this is sort of a problem I foresaw with OP being a relatively new member. Some GBs have you send money to a verified paypal address but they are rare and in those few cases I've seen, the member doing it is a longtime member that's been around for years and has proven themselves.

But yeah, most GBs I've seen have you pay the vendor directly.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
For once a company whose name isn't just a name (the company is called Riders Discount)
Riders Discount ROCKS!!

this is sort of a problem I foresaw with OP being a relatively new member. Some GBs have you send money to a verified paypal address but they are rare and in those few cases I've seen, the member doing it is a longtime member that's been around for years and has proven themselves.

and on top of all that you only save $1.90

:dunno: What for??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Honestly I tried but if I'm getting slandered on helping you guys than forget it....thanks

Thanks for your efforts Rasiain!

Not to rain on your parade but that's only $1.90 less then the price I can get this camera on eBay.

GOPRO GO PRO HERO MOTORSPORTS HD 1080P DIGITAL CAMERA - eBay (item 150537982617 end time Jan-21-11 20:18:09 PST)

:(
Thats cool, so im trying to wholesale something that I thought would be nice since everyone I know that rides or drives want to put their experiences on camera...

I see your ebay and your store website...thats cool you wholesale too...but you did rain on my parade...its pretty much taking my business away. You dont go and write a better deal on other peoples website...I know you got your rep on the forum. So I'll give you that.

Alrite I will give him a call later today to make sure he still honors that. I believe it was $210.

No offense, but sending money to a random paypal address for a GB sounds sketchy as hell. I was interested, but the alarms are sounding for me... :dunno:
You will be invoiced and a printed receipt will be in the box with your order.
What would you be comfortable with Ebay or google checkout.
Since you brought it up ...I'll cater to what you like. You let me know. Anyway to make this transaction work for you.

Riders Discount is a actual retail store and they do online too. I will call tj to verify the $210.

It is a verified PAYPAL account...I do wholesale shoes and I just started to work on Go Pro's. I thought maybe this could work. I know lots of people who want to record their experiences.

Riders Discount ROCKS!!

and on top of all that you only save $1.90

:dunno: What for??
Thanks for repeating

·
13,060 Posts
we're not slandering you. The deal you offered isn't particularly enticing in any way.

it's nothing personal, just business

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Honestly I tried but if I'm getting slandered on helping you guys than forget it....thanks

Thats cool, so im trying to wholesale something that I thought would be nice since everyone I know that rides or drives want to put their experiences on camera...
First of all I thanked you for your efforts in my previous post and I applaud anyone trying to help other riders out by saving some money. But as I noted above in my response, in my opinion this group buy just didn't work out.

I see your ebay and your store website...thats cool you wholesale too...but you did rain on my parade...its pretty much taking my business away. You dont go and write a better deal on other peoples website...I know you got your rep on the forum. So I'll give you that.
This is not my eBay listing nor my store, I do not sell nor whole sale GoPro nor anything else for that matter. I was just pointing out that you can buy the same camera for only $1.90 more than your Group Buy, that's all.

For the record most group buy products are bought direct from a store and not direct from an individual. In your group buy you are asking people to send you money direct not the store and that's where some people are skeptical of this group buy.

No hard feelings I was just pointing out some things buyers should be aware of.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
You will be invoiced and a printed receipt will be in the box with your order.
What would you be comfortable with Ebay or google checkout.
Since you brought it up ...I'll cater to what you like. You let me know. Anyway to make this transaction work for you.

I'd be good with Ebay if the seller has good feedback, though most GB's I've seen go directly through a Vendor's website and has either a separate link for the group buy or a discount code to put in on checkout.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well i figured from everyone i guess is a dead end...Thanks everyone for the input.

Besides there other ways to sell these guys.

If any you guys are at the race tracks in So Cal... you might see me there...you need a go pro ill be there... thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rasiain,

I guess I got here to late it looks like the group buy fell a part? I would like to try and see if we can get it done this time. Who did you speak with at Gopro?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts