Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Even though in the big bore sports bike the new gsxr1000 is better than the R1 its f%^ken fat and ugly ! [:M50]

Just wait for the zx10r

mfzx6r

·
Registered
56 Posts
In the latest two wheels they say the Gsxr1000 is the better of the two..... Wait till they throw a zx10r in the mix ;)

Gareth

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by DEZixxer

oh man...

how about...

which one is better, jiffy or peter pan?
It's more like; which one is better, jiffy or peter pan with a 160HP 180MPH motor thrown in just for fun?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wait till next year for the zx10r or if it's true the 998RR. The gsxr 1000 is the better bike, but once again, unless you are Mat Mladin, you won't know the difference except the ergos.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Not exactly... I have spent time on both, and the R1 to me is much more rideable, and controllable. You definitely DO feel the difference in power, the Gixxer is much more abrupt (I call it just plain dumb power really...) I think I could ride the R1 day in day out. Not the Gixxer. To each their own, but there's a point at which it's actually hard to get the power down to the road, and for the kind of riding I like, the Gix just has too much abrupt power on hand.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The gixxer 1000 and the R1 have a difference in power, but IMO they are both rather insane. Of course I rode a 2002 gixxer 1000, so that could be the difference.

And yes, that is a large progression from a ZX6r to a gixxer 1000 after one year of riding. 100 horse, carbeurated bike in a 420 lb frame, vs. 160+ horse fuel-injected bike in a 400 lb frame.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just wait until '06 when the government steps in. They are going to have to or else insurance companies are going to stop carrying sportbikes.
I've owned 8 bikes...929, RC51, R6, 916, R1....they are all great, but nothing beats a 600. All usable power & thats all you need...for stunts get a liter bike.

JIF is the best IMHO. Now skippy chunky is nice from time to time.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I personally don't see the need for anything bigger. The 6R has more power than I'll ever use in my lifetime. It just doesn't make much sense to step up. It's also absolutely ridiculous to get a liter bike as your first bike. These people really need a wake up call. I know it's nice to have a bigger bike, I'm guilty of it too wanting the new Aprilia Mille, but there really is no real need for it.

Oh, and by the way, gotta have the chunky peanut butter. I personally love the Jif, but as said, skippy is good from time to time. I like to toast the bread a bit first too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
both are great bikes, it just depends on your preference.. if i wanted the bike just for the track id get a gixxer and tweak it a bit.. for road riding id take the R1 coz of its nice twitch and sure feel and its more comfortable compared to the gixxer imo... the only thing the R1 lacked til this year was ram air.. other than that their both great bikes =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.