Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i smoked a GSXR 750 and 636 with my zx6rr. Just to confirm it wasnt the rider we all did bike swaps and everyone who was on the RR won and not just by a little either!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
if that is true, props, but i dont really believe that. i have a 03 636 with a full muzzy exhaust and power commander and i beat 600's and go head to head with 750's and me and my friends ride pretty good so i know at this point it has to do with the bikes with how much power thet put out.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm not buyin' it either....I swap my bro's 02 GSXR 750 with my 600 and I make him look silly....

Granted, he can't hang with me when I'm riding my 600 either but I do make him look stupid on his own bike....

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I ride regularly with a guy on a 2001 Gixxer 750, and it's plain faster on top. I can hang with him on roll ons until first shift then he gets a bike or two on me, and by the time I'm into 6th he's got me by 5 lengths or so. We're equal weights, equal riders. His bike has more ponies. It's close by the watch, but noticeable by the road. Mind you, in the twisties I give nothing away, and I'll take the 636 over the Gix any time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
How do you think I would fair against a older 750.. i have a 98 6r. We are about even on the riding but Im 5'10 150 he is 6'5' 220 so heis a lot bigger... do you think it would make enough diffrence for me to keep up?

·
Registered
153 Posts
The new 04' gixxer 750 will most likely rape the 636, only weighs 5lbs more and new engine design/improvements added.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by 2000GSR

The new 04' gixxer 750 will most likely rape the 636, only weighs 5lbs more and new engine design/improvements added.
Well it definately should do it, with quoted 148 hp...

As for the topic starter, I'm not buying your story either. If all bikes are stock and -03 the rr bites the dust. It has the least ponies, and that's the thing that counts in straight line race when the bike weights are almost equal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never once stated that my RR was stock, I currently have a pc3, full yosh RS3, Race kit for RR , -1 /+2 , K/N air filter. I honestly dont have a clue what the race kit has in it but supposedly it has differnt cams, velocity stacks, etc... I havent been on a dyno yet so i cant give you figures . But i do know that i walk away from my buddies 636 and he has a micron slip on. As for the GSXR 750 go take a look at the 00 750 1/4 mile ( stock ) it is much differnce if any.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.