Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dick head doing a wheelie in Daytona whacks a couple crossing the street ....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...23oct23,0,457920.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

[Orlic, who is charged with vehicular homicide and driving on a suspended license, was racing with two friends on a street across from the speedway and had stopped at a red light when the Cardonas started across the street outside the crosswalk, according to a police report.

Orlic accelerated to about 60 mph in 200 feet before he hit Cardona, said Daytona Beach Police spokesman Sgt. Jimmie Flynt.

"When the light turned green, he gunned it," Flynt said.

Three other people died during the annual weekend event that draws bikers from around the country. Two of the fatalities occurred during races and all the victims but Cardona were riding motorcycles, Flynt said.]

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
That's pretty shitty. Sounds like that guy has a history of riding like an idiot, hopefully they throw his ass in jail for a long time.

Those are the type of assholes that ruin it for the rest of us "ninja style bike" riders. People read stuff like this and think we are all like that. I admit that I like to speed and pop wheelies every now and then, but I don't do it at intersections and busy places like this.

Granted, it does sound like they were illegally crossing the street. But that guy should have had enough control over his bike to stop or avoid them.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Repost but I just wanted to point two things out:
The next thing Boris Cardona saw was an unconscious Orlic on the ground and his Ninja-style bike traveling riderless down the road.
Ninja-style? WTF does that mean? It was a Gixxer.

Secondly:

"I don't know what happened -- if he jumped the red light or was showing off, popping wheelies. I think maybe this guy can pass us, go between us."
Key phrase: "I DON'T KNOW what happened". How does that translate into "He was popping wheelies"? How do you not know if someone is popping wheelies or not? It's pretty obvious.

AND the article fails to mention that they were jay-walking. What a piece of shit article.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
Ninja-style? WTF does that mean? It was a Gixxer.
Come on, you know that's what all non-bike folk gravitate to. Every time I tell people about my bike over the last 15 years, pretty much like clockwork "you mean like a Ninja?" It used to irritate me - now that I finally have a Ninja, it doesn't bother me so much. You think average joe knows what a GSX-R is? Everybody knows the word Ninja, so they're all Ninjas in their eyes. Just like how so many people call semis "Mack trucks," even though Mack makes hardly any of them, and every reciprocating saw is a "Sawzall," and a cruiser is automatically either "Harley," or "Harley-style." It's just life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.