Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like the title says. i got on my bike yesterday around 8ish and it was still light out but i noticed on the ride home that the guage lights werent on so i figured i couldn't see them. by the time i was close to home it was pitch dark out and my guages were pitch black. where do i start to look for the messed up wire or is there a fuse i can replace?? keep it simple right. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
when i get home i'll try to remember to take a look at my junction box and see if there is anything instrument panel specific. im pretty sure there are bulbs inside the cluster behind each gauge. in the meantime i guess just make sure none of the connectors up there came loose

·
Registered
120 Posts
the bulbs definately come out of the back of the gauges... not sure if there's a fuse somewhere specific to them... take a look at the junction box under the seat? probably easier than trying to get at the back of the gauges...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet finally some ideas. appreciate it guys. i'll take a look tonight when i get home from work.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
theres an accessory fuse marked acc, thats the only one that i could think might be for the panel lights but im not sure, if thats not blown then take a look behind the gauges and make sure the connecter (brown i think) is together, and if not that then start takin it apart to get to the bulbs

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
nope.. the accesory fuse ONLY feeds the spare "accessory" wires in the harness. (theres a set of ires just for extra electrical shit that has its own dedicated, constant-hot circuit)

uh.. i think theres just a common fuse for all the gauge lighting.. i really can't remember,.. i know that doesn't help, and i apologize.. the bulbs are at least easy to access, so if they're all blown, its easy to fix! all the dash lights are powered by 1 wire, and tie in to 1 ground, and that is the only wiring in the circuit. i wanna say red (possibly with a stripe?) .. the red wire is hot, and the black/yellow wire is ground. check the connector for corrosion and all as well..

all you need to do to identify the wire color is look at the back of the lightbulb socket. the same flavors running into that rubber boot are kept throughout the harness to their termination points... just in case i'm wrong on the red wire thing..
if i can get to the shop in a reasonable amount of time, get you a definitive answer on this.

or hopefully someone helps ya in the meantime.. good luck until then bro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.