Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. I need so help. I resolder my whole guage and check the corner of the LED to make sure it is on the correct side and when i plugged it in to test. No LED came on. I tried to turn them around and resolder and it didnt work either. Now i tried to solder the stock one back in and it didnt work. now my guage turns on but no light. any ideas or help??? thanks greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
any of the solder touch any other points? sounds like a possible short somewhere to me. But I'm guessing it's going to be hard to say how to fix it without actually physically looking at it..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked to see if the solder was touch anything else but i couldnt find any. Now the guage turn on and the high beam, turn signal ect. all those other LED works. its just the ones that i took off.

·
Registered
364 Posts
this is why i haven't messed with my gauges, the first moment im away from my bike for more than a week i'm sending them to someone to get them done, i dont trust myself

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is why i haven't messed with my gauges, the first moment im away from my bike for more than a week i'm sending them to someone to get them done, i dont trust myself
thanks for rubbing it in bro!! tell me about it. I'm dying to ride and now i'm out. What was the company that i can send my guage in. I think i just fried all the LEDs or something im gonna have that company do it and send it back to me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
thanks for rubbing it in bro!! tell me about it. I'm dying to ride and now i'm out. What was the company that i can send my guage in. I think i just fried all the LEDs or something im gonna have that company do it and send it back to me.
http://www.bluegauges.com/

someone on here used them and had good things to say about them

or just hook up with someone of the forum and maybe they'll cut you a deal to fix it or something i'm sure somone is willing to help ya out

·
Registered
137 Posts
When you tested it were all of the led's soldered in? Because if you just solder one in and test it will not light. All of the led's have to be soldered to complete the circuit. Also what is the voltage of the soldering iron? Anything above 20 v and you are smoking the led's as soon as the iron is touching it. Also DO NOT use a cold heat soldering gun. They burn led's also from the current alone. I learned the hard way!!! My guages are at bluegauges.com right now getting repaired.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you tested it were all of the led's soldered in? Because if you just solder one in and test it will not light. All of the led's have to be soldered to complete the circuit. Also what is the voltage of the soldering iron? Anything above 20 v and you are smoking the led's as soon as the iron is touching it. Also DO NOT use a cold heat soldering gun. They burn led's also from the current alone. I learned the hard way!!! My guages are at bluegauges.com right now getting repaired.
yep when i tested it all the LED's were soldered in. It was a 25v iron. im not sure whats wrong but i guess Bluegauges.com can solve it. hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.