Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who dropped his track bike in the lot today and dinged the tank hes kept clean since 07? This guy! 70 mph low side at Big Willow, nothing. Rear end collisions into the dirt at Chuckwalla, nothing. 1 MPH roll off the kick stand at the shop parking lot...aesthetic destruction. Maybe it got the goblins out.

I was dropping off the track bike to get some Ohlins installed. I rolled it down the ramp with the help of some other dudes. I get it parked. I noticed the lot was at an angle so I reach my hand down and pop it into gear. BS with the guys a little. Bike is standing in this position for 10 minutes.

I go to start and clean up my bench, ramp and tie-downs etc. As soon as I move the ramp (the front tire must have been resting right on the first rung) the bike starts to roll forward. It leans in and smashes the black top. No major damage. Scuffed the peg and my new clip ons I just installed.

The big heart breaker was the tank! It got a nice indentation about the size of a quarter right on the seam. I am so pissed! Went online looking for a clean one 400 bucks for used, 750 for new!!! FML!!!!

Just so mad that when I actually lay this thing down at speed nothing happens but a little spill in a parking lot......damn.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Leave the dent in the tank. Call it character.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A autobody shop could probably pull the dent, bondo it to get that crease back, and then color match it like it never happened.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is the paint scratched or broken? An even better body shop will use a long rod w/ a roller on the end and get in there and massage the dent out.

Not sure if that would be cheaper than getting a used tank though. Winter is coming up though it might be worth checking into.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
What year? My first trackday after new paint i kicked my bike over at buttonwillow. :facepalm:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts