Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i cleaned my carbs out and im reassembling all the parts and i used a drill to slowly tighten one of my pilot jets and it broke in half... im guessing the best thing to do is buy a new set of carbs... what should i do now

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm not 100 percent familiar with the jet set ups and stuff like that. Being a mechanic bolts snap off constantly. In places you couldn't imagine. 9 times out of 10 theres a way to get it out. I would not buy a new set of carbs yet. Do you have any pics of the carb to see how bad it is?

·
Registered
350 Posts
luckily there is already a hole in the middle of the jet, so you should be able to slip an easy-out into the jet and twist it out. you should be able to get an easy-out from the local parts store for a few bucks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Isn't the jet brass?

Brass is hit or miss. An easy out is either going to bite and come right out. Or its going to act as a drill bit. Careful and good luck. That stuff can be very frustrating. I would recommend vacuuming it when your done bcause you are more then likely going to have the little shavings in/on the carb. Try to not let them go into the carb.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.