Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
well, let me know how to make it better and i will!
My only suggestion would be to include a link to a "gray wire, how-to" guide for victims of it. I KNOW I've seen a couple pic-by-pic guides from guys who have pulled their ignition and done it but I'll be damned if I can ever find them when I actually need it!

Mine's starting to act silly. Might be time to nip that in the ass before it lets me sit somewhere.

...Other than that, great guide! There's a plethora of important and useful information in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no the whole site is hard to navigate through I still have not found what I want and I have been on here for 3/4 of an hr sheesh...... guess I will go back to goole and try again............

·
Registered
366 Posts
Given that she made one post and that was the one where she said that she couldnt navigate the site and then never came back, I'd say its her that has a navigation issue and not the site.

Just found this thread and I'm very impressed. You got any how to's for a ZZR 600? I been scouring the internet and cant find many. General guides are ok but when it comes to the specifics, it's hard to find anything.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i am sure theres something in there, but it kinda also depends on what you're looking to do. much of the stuff is universal, but when i get some time and motivation, i gotta add a few more links and sections eventually.

·
Registered
366 Posts
As an example Crash Bobbins;

I been trying to find out exactly where these go on my bike and whether or not they require any modification to the fairing.. I think Ive located the spot now and will get around to that at some point.

But generally things like that which differ depending on the motorcycle. Problem is there dont seem to be many people still riding around on these relics any more :eek:

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
depends on if they're "no-cut" or not.. they mount to the upper front motor mount bolts. the no-cut ones will have a little piece of aluminum that bolts on the outside of the frame where the mount bolt goes thru. that little bracket relocates the slider.. if the bike has exposed mount bolts and straight spools, you probably dont have to cut anything, but normally you won't have that luxury and you'll either have to dremel the fairings or have a bracket kit to move the spools out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah I found it in the end... just used that as an example because it was almost impossible to find a how to for my bike. I think Ive figured out the reason why no one rides the old ZZRs anymore. If something can go wrong it will and its guaranteed to be a 2 minute job to fix but a days with to get to it and another day to put it all back together again!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts