Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
In honor of the closing of the old thread later today I will have to post up pictures of some of my toys.

:D

·
Powerhungry
37,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!

LOL :D
just so you know, the old thread was closed because it had too many posts. it had nothing to do with the conversation going on.

years ago we broke the forum with a PWT thread that had like 300k posts. since then, admin gave us a 10k limit. we are now about to close out our 48th version of that thread...

Nearly 8 1/2 years. Probably a record on the forum for any thread to be closed.
yep, closed for old age at least. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
just so you know, the old thread was closed because it had too many posts. it had nothing to do with the conversation going on.

years ago we broke the forum with a PWT thread that had like 300k posts. since then, admin gave us a 10k limit. we are now about to close out our 48th version of that thread...

yep, closed for old age at least. :lol:
Ok ok gotcha. I'm not gonna lie for a second I was like WTH?? :laugh:

·
Official n00b
16,805 Posts
Never used a Fobus before, but I like my Serpa holster.

People want to bitch and say it's not safe, but if you follow the commandments of gun handling you won't shoot yourself. :lol:

·
Powerhungry
37,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never used a Fobus before, but I like my Serpa holster.

People want to bitch and say it's not safe, but if you follow the commandments of gun handling you won't shoot yourself. :lol:
I found a video on the fobus, your finger is up on the slide to release the pistol.

how is the serpa? I tried, but didn't find a video showing it.

·
Official n00b
16,805 Posts
I found a video on the fobus, your finger is up on the slide to release the pistol.

how is the serpa? I tried, but didn't find a video showing it.
Serpa isn't bad, the release is by the slide as well. I can take and post a video of it when I get off work today.

I use mine at the range and when I'm working around the house and not concerned if its showing or not.

·
Powerhungry
37,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nevada, out of the two holsters you are looking at... I like the Fobus better,

but I'm not a fan of a retention holster for concealed carry, for open carry yes, nor am I a big fan of the polymer type...
between the 2, I like the fobus better also.

I open carry 99% of the time.
for the few times I conceal, I use an alien gear IWB.

Serpa isn't bad, the release is by the slide as well. I can take and post a video of it when I get off work today.

I use mine at the range and when I'm working around the house and not concerned if its showing or not.
yeh, I did finally find a video on it.

im not sure why the serpa gets such bad press, but the fobus doesn't. they are very similar.

in my searches I found this one also. I like it. a lot.

Model 7377 7TS? ALS® Concealment Belt Slide Holster - The Safariland Group=

though, I wish they would show the actual retention piece a bit better.

·
Official n00b
16,805 Posts
Is that the release button at the top near the slide? If it is, I don't see how it could be pressed while maintain a good grip on the gun. :dunno:

Attachments

·
Powerhungry
37,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that the release button at the top near the slide? If it is, I don't see how it could be pressed while maintain a good grip on the gun. :dunno:
no the release is thumb activated. its on the inside.
if you watch one of the videos is shows it.

I will see how it works, I have one on the way :D

·
Official n00b
16,805 Posts
no the release is thumb activated. its on the inside.
if you watch one of the videos is shows it.

I will see how it works, I have one on the way :D
Ah okay, probably similar release mechanism to the holster that came with my Sig.

Nice!

Yep, a little lever right by the belt hook. It's a good design.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts