Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys in the US like to GYKD on the roads other than doing it on track days? is it the same as here in the UK where once you can do it it's a real feel good factor[8D]

·
Registered
558 Posts
um does that stand for "get your knee down"? i dont but i know a couple of guys that never been to a track that do. maybe someday i will but i GMWF wheelies and shet. haha that was a joke anyone get it?

GMWF = Get More Wood For, lmao sorry.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think it is pretty dangerous to be draging knees on the street, UNLESS you ride a road slowly first to be sure of traction and conditions. I would also hope you are riding with a friend to find you if you go off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those of us who do, always check out the road conditions first and make sure the tyres are warmed to temperature.
Over here it is popular to practice on "roundabouts" ( junction intersections ).
It looks the nuts when you use titanium knee sliders at night.
If you are gonna ride fast and turn quick GYKD is inevitable if you want to be quick.
But I do prefere to leave the GYKD for track days..........although hanging off is a real rush especially if you pop up the front end out of a turn.........yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Nice pic.

But on this board, we like to whore our track pics in other riders' track reports. Check out the track forum, find a thread, and post that pic.

·
Registered
287 Posts
shady valley is about 30 miles south of bristol on hwy 421. shady valley country store is where all the bikes meet. you should check it out next spring,;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.