Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if you guys know whether or not the damage to this gas tank is repairable...can they knock the dent back out? I figured someone on here would have had experience in this sorta thing ;).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
One of the members awhile back had a really bad tank and it came out well, I can't find the thread though because I think the title of it wasn't specific enough... someone should be able to help out in finding it.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well when all else fails just fill it in and sand her down and repaint it...bought one from ebay with alot smaller dent and its getting filled and repainted for my track bike, whats a little less fuel in the tank as long as it is not compromised structurally.

you airbox cover looks repairabel as well if you find the missing peice...some plastic weld and fresh can fix her right up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I mean it's not leaking or anything, and I can't afford to buy a new one, that's wayy too much =/. I do have the missing piece, I was going to try salvaging as many parts of it as possible. For now, time to go to work and earn some $$.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My brother dropped his duck a while back and left a golf ball sized dent in the tank. He filled the dent and painted over it. You can't tell it was even there.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Let this be a perfect example of what use frame sliders are.

Fuck that fender eliminator. Screw the slip-on exhaust. Hold off on that new windshield.

GET SOME DAM FRAME SLIDERS! Best $60 you will ever spend. Can't afford em? Go lick your girlfriend's pussy for $60 worth and then get some.

Sliders would have saved that right fairing 100%, and maybe even saved the tank.

·
Registered
156 Posts
rofl nice "how to" on obtaining funds tweakmon :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Originally posted by tyler
DONT WORRY MAN, IT'LL BUFF OUT.
[:p]
LMAO it'll buff out...but really, sorry to hear about that...I know that has to suck! If you can get away with filling it for now, that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by tweakmon
Let this be a perfect example of what use frame sliders are.

Fuck that fender eliminator. Screw the slip-on exhaust. Hold off on that new windshield.

GET SOME DAM FRAME SLIDERS! Best $60 you will ever spend. Can't afford em? Go lick your girlfriend's pussy for $60 worth and then get some.

Sliders would have saved that right fairing 100%, and maybe even saved the tank.
i spent $10 on blinkers for my FE and i haven't done any other mods to the bike. I've spent all my money on gear...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Heres mine dude. I had mine done buy a collision car place and they hooked mine up pretty good. Heres some pics. When you take it to them also give them the tank fender that goes on it so they can do the lines and curves just right to match up with it. I didn't take it to him even though he told me too and it is a little off but hardly noticeable unless you look dead at it for more than a 10 seconds.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont have flame sliders, for the simple fact its got full coverage, if i drop the bia
i better get totalled, especially if im paying the deductible!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by rkm625

i spent $10 on blinkers for my FE and i haven't done any other mods to the bike. I've spent all my money on gear...
Then I'd say its time to find a girlfriend.:D

I'm just joshin you guys. Point is to spend your $$$ wisely on your bike to help in times like this. I would put gear ahead of frame sliders any day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, those two stories give me hope on fixing that right up! I've done some pretty major body work on an old car I had (back in the day). Can't say it was perfect, but I didnt have a power sander, so what do you expect [:I]. I guess it was good practice for fixing up my baby [:p]. I took the front end all apart and found out what needed to be replaced. Here is a parts list:

1) Handlebar Controls (46091-0054)
2) Ram Air Duct (39045-0011)
3) Gas Tank Plastic Covering? Can probably fix this up though (51026-5023-777)
4) Left Mirror (56001-0039)
5) Fairing Bracket that mounts on top of Ram Air Duct (11053-1289)

If anyone has any of this stuff lying around (which I doubt), let me know, I'd be willing to take it off your hands =).

·
Registered
125 Posts
when I replaced the tank on my bike, I went to a local bike salvage yard and picked up a mint 03 636 tank for $240

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.