Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And WOW the bike feels completely different.

I know they adjusted the chain, throttle, shifter and clutch. They also did whatever else they do, but seriously the bike feels much nicer. The loud ticking has gone mostly away and shifting is very smooth now, with almost no play in the shifter.

The bike feels fantastic. At first I was apprehensive about spending ~$140 for what most say is just an oil change but I seriously think it was worth it.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
$140?

My ass hurts....I spent like $240 [xx(]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seminole Powersorts in sanford. Where 417 and I-4 meet.

I bought my bike there and I was truly amazed at the quality of the "first service" I already purchased the oil and the filter but...

I was ready not to do it and then the salesman(who I will be riding with tomorrow) said it really is and they actually do make sure things are correctly speced.

At least I have the oil and filter left over when I do the next oil change.

G

·
Originally posted by dsg2003gt
BTW ninja kid yours might be more by like $30 if you didnt get your bike there.
well i might want to have someone do a valve clearance check on mine, if i decide not to try it myself. i was checking the service manual tho, and it doesnt seem that difficult.

i will call and ask for a price. hopefully they are good at doing everything, not just 600 mile services.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
do they do suspension settings there? Sag set and dialing in the suspension to my height/weight?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by joonyaboy
do they do suspension settings there? Sag set and dialing in the suspension to my height/weight?
I believe they do. My sales guy said the guys did his bike.

give em a call:
407-322-3253 or 1-800-843-5118

Let me know if they give you a price or anything, I need mine done too.(I just keep forgetting to ask, and I need money for boots and FS first anyway)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
my bike was not in need of adjustments at the 600 mile mark but i did change the oil at 300. do you know what they did that seems to have made such a difference?

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I paid for $175 on mine, but they also installed my frame sliders with it for like 20 extra bucks. So roughly 150 for the 500 mile maint. Brought it in there with 496 miles.

strat

·
Registered
102 Posts
so all you dudes who got this brand new bike service - how did you do your break in? i find it pretty much impossible to stay under 4k, and close to impossible to stay under 6k haha cuz like 6k is 70 mph indicated, probaly like 64 on the freeway ... semis are passin me and shit.

im goin in for the "500 mile" service tomorrow so hopefully the bike will feel even sicker than it already does!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i broke mine in right, and i have not had an issue(knock on wood) except on overheating.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by JRninja
so all you dudes who got this brand new bike service - how did you do your break in? i find it pretty much impossible to stay under 4k, and close to impossible to stay under 6k haha cuz like 6k is 70 mph indicated, probaly like 64 on the freeway ... semis are passin me and shit.

im goin in for the "500 mile" service tomorrow so hopefully the bike will feel even sicker than it already does!
I just varied speed, then after about 100 miles I brought it up in the revs.

It is near impossible to stay under 4k.

I am at 700 miles now and have brought it up to 13-14k a few times and it feels great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
it is sooooooo easy to adj. all that stuff at home for free... it even tells you how to do it in the owners manual if dont know already.

·
Registered
261 Posts
and the break in is a waste of time. id keep it under 6k for 100 miles to let all the gaskets seal properly, do an oil change at 500mi. and ride it like the cops are chasing me! they recommend the lame break in so it will take longer for problames to arise. hopefully (for them) after the warranty expires. these things are built extremely well so nothing should break. look at the gp riders they build a motor and rev it to 20g's all day long. you never see one of those bikes break unless they wreck it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.