Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forum and did not see anything on this so here ya go...

I was looking around eBay and came across a halo angel eye kit for the 08 250r. Looks like they are available in four colors, red, green, white and blue. They look awesome IMO, but not if its worth the cash though. Check them out for yourself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-NINJA-EX-250R-250-08-CCFL-HALO-ANGEL-EYES-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ35580QQihZ015QQitemZ250272189526QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

·
Registered
233 Posts
For me there is just too much reflection in the headlight for it. I think the look is meant more for projector style headlights where you don't have the reflective housing behind it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will try this. Just give me a week or two.

I will wire in a switch for the dip deam probably. But we shall see. I'll probably go with white maybe green. (i'm on an ebony 08' 250R.)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try this. Just give me a week or two.

I will wire in a switch for the dip deam probably. But we shall see. I'll probably go with white maybe green. (i'm on an ebony 08' 250R.)
At least one person is gonna give these a shot...haha. I do not think they look THAT bad...I have seen these on plenty of cars and they always look good. Real unique look IMO.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well, its real easy to be too critical over a picture of something on the internet. In person everything looks 10x better.

I have faith because I have never seen a halo light set look bad on anything.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, its real easy to be too critical over a picture of something on the internet. In person everything looks 10x better.

I have faith because I have never seen a halo light set look bad on anything.
Exactly, never seen it look bad on anything myself either. The only concern with putting them on a bike would be that the headlight is ALWAYS ON. The pics provided on my link shows the halo's with the headlights OFF, I am very interested in seeing them on with the halo. Also, from what I have heard about installing these on car headlights...its seems to be a real PITA. Let me know how things go. I may get a red set for my red 08. :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
you have to remove the the light, bake it, and peal the leans off, drill a couple holes, and re-seal with rtv or bake it back together.

The ones you hear about being a real pita are the ones that people that buy 'universal' halo's and they barely fit or don't fit and they have to modify the hell out of it. Or when people go HID they can run into big problems aswell.

Also, i might do some re-wiring with the stock headlight where I can cut the power to it if i'm running the halos. basically running/splicing a toggle on-off for the main headlamps. aswell as the toggle for the halos. Mine will be done at the same time as my smoked lamin-x headlight film (smoked)

·
Registered
288 Posts
+1 rep for you :)

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,795 Posts
I'm waiting to do my HID's; and likely this at the same time, for at least another month or so (whenever I have money). I'd swear that SOMEONE has to of installed these by now! Anyone?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts