Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up?

I'm new to the site and to riding and I wnat to change the grips on a 04 zx6rr, any inputs?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Although I haven't done it myself, I have heard that an easy way is to carefully cut the old ones off with a razor and then use hairspray sprayed inside the new ones to slide them on and position them. Once the hairspray dries, it is sticky enough that the grips will be held in place nicely.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Use a razor blade to cut them off, clean the surface of old glue.
Use grip glue, smear some on the handlebar, pour rubbing alcohol into the grip and swish it around and then put em on, when the alcohol dries, you're done.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Razor blade, hair spray. If you want to ride right away after, use an air compressor to dry the hair spray faster.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used the compressor to get them off, it takes less than 10 seconds. Just get the nozzle underneath the grip. I used hairspray too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info and to the moderator for moving my post. (I'm a newbie[V]).

I will do them this weekend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
does it matter what grips i use? can i use the same ones that i used on my bmx race bike? because i have a few sets left from my old sponsor, some good old odyssey power paws. and the grips i have on my ninja arent as comfy as my bmx grips.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by FrankTheTank636
does it matter what grips i use? can i use the same ones that i used on my bmx race bike? because i have a few sets left from my old sponsor, some good old odyssey power paws. and the grips i have on my ninja arent as comfy as my bmx grips.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's Green on The Inside.

The inner ring will probably be way too big, and they may or may not have a line for you to use to cut the end out to clear the bar ends, but they'll probably fit if that floats your boat. A very nice set of gel ProGrips is only $9 though, and they're made just right for your street bike.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ill have to try it, those power paws are the softest grip i have ever used. i think you can still buy the earth science grips which are just the newer version of them. super comfy and about $4 a pair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.