Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
maybe his clipons moved, but for this to happen with stock ones something is usaually broke...

·
Registered
75 Posts
took my bike in today.the place where i took it to get it fixed after the lay down. they forgot to put the screw in that hold the bars in place. was i ever pissed the things that could have happend.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by backcountry

took my bike in today.the place where i took it to get it fixed after the lay down. they forgot to put the screw in that hold the bars in place. was i ever pissed the things that could have happend.

They "forgot"? WTF? Stories like this are the reason that I do as much of the work to my bike as possible by myself. If my handlebars fell off while riding twisties or something because some jackass "forgot" to put it together right, I'd own his sorry ass.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
I'm not much of a mech myself, but I have to agree with Tommy, I will try to do as much work myself as possible. Most (not all) mech's are ripoffs and untrustworthy. Everytime I've had a new bike, I've bought he service manual for that bike and do 90% of my own work.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
just to make sure, is only one handle bar hitting or both? is it parked with wheel to the side?

·
Registered
569 Posts
One thing you have to realize is that a lot of shops have their "goffers" do all the teardown and build ups. The seasoned mechanics usually only jump in when it comes time to trouble shoot and fix difficult problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.