Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? my right bar is slightly closer to the tank then the left bar is.

It feels slightly cocked to the right but it rides straight.. my last r1 had the same problem.. I measured it on a fixed point to the gas tank ans it iwas like 1mm closer on the right side measuring from the rebound adjusters..:confused:

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
either your clip on is bent, the triple may be bent OR you can try loosening all the bolts in the front end & give it a decent kick on the tire & it could re-align itself.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did loosened the clamps on my r1 to fix it.. but I just want to know if it were like that.. no crashes on this bike.. nor the r1 when I had it.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
sometimes they can get out of line from even a pothole etc... try it out & see what happens

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have the same problem with my ZZR600. It may just be that one of the clip ons is bent, or the triple trees may be tweaked a bit.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
MY friend had dropped my bike the day i got it and the clip on moved closer to the tank, so when i turned the bars all the way left it would hit the tank.

I rode like that for about like 10,000 miles lol. Just recently moved it back

never bothered me

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
To the OP:

You porobably alreday did this but if not............................................did you try seeing if it was aligned on the bottom. There is a set crew that is used to align and then you remove it, after tightening the clip-on in place.
(Screw goes thru clip-on into bottom of upper triple tree clamp.)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah have the same problem on both my NINJA's after swapping some parts around.
the 636 was like that after a low side, the 10r was like that after puttiong on some new triploe trees, but i did the old dirtbike method and fixed most of it, but threw the fairings before riding it and it is slightly off still. still handles and rides straight as an arrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts