Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. 95 zx7. at around 55 mph, my handlebars wobble really bad. What could be the cause? Dampering? Wheel off balance? Bent handlebars?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Bent rim?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked at the rim last night.. looked fine. maybe ill just throw the bike into a river. im sick of it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Have it balanced.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
If it does this when you take your hands off the bars, then it's the way your front tyre is worn. I've had the same thing happen on past bikes of mine, and it was always because the front tyre was worn.

If it does this while you still have your hands on the bars, then you have other problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? That is when it happens. When my hands are off the bars. Maybe I'll check the wear on the tire more closely. I dont believe the tires are that old. What would cause uneven wear on a tire? Someone who likes to drive in circles? :D

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
[:+1] Check to see if the front tire is "scalloped". That will cause what you describe. Next, check to see if you've thrown a wheel weight. Finally, if neither of those two are the cause, get a dial indicator & check the runnout of the wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
you all have good input i had the same prob. it was uneven tire wear due to low tire pressure. it cost me $240.00 to take care of that problem..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.