Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are watching the pre-show on the Motogp and they are showing someone give a ride around the track. She noticed that the rider has handles on the tank so the passenger, instead of laying their hands on the tank, like my wife does, they have handles to grab.

Is this custom, as anyone ever heard of something like this? I would imagine it would be alittle uncomfortable on your nuts or gut and you might have to lean on the tank at an angle if they are low enough.

Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, but would have to be more than just adhesive i'd imagine. I saw a belt-type thing with handles that would be similar, but would still tug on your body instead of the bike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by pinksnyper
Sounds like a good idea, but would have to be more than just adhesive i'd imagine. I saw a belt-type thing with handles that would be similar, but would still tug on your body instead of the bike
Maybe that is what it was, we couldn't see it clearly but the pilot kept telling the passenger to grab onto those handles and not put their hands on the tank.

Thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
That bike was specifically designed to show normal people what it feels like to be on a GP bike. Those handles are bolted to the tank, I have never seen them for sale anywhere google it maybe something will come up.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
it is not hard to bolt some handles on the tank, but its a bad look and probably not used enough to matter to most people.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i imagine those rides they were giving cost a pretty penny to do, and the rider wouldn't want someone grabbing onto him possible moving him around, the handles are good for keeping the newbie passenger in line with the bike...he is also doing wheelies all over and stoppies so they'd want the passenger to be prettys table...the guy took i think ben bostrom for a ride too and he was dragging his knee from the passenger seat...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
^^^Lol, thats great. Now, if you can throw on some tassels and a Seseme Street horn, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was at the GP yesterday and that bike is ridden by Randy Mamola. He takes VIP's from the big sponsors and celebrities on the rides, don't think they're for sale. He is hauling ass when he does it as well. Fun to watch, most of the passengers appeared to be scared shitless, good stuff!

·
Registered
102 Posts
There was an article on roadracingworld.com about that. Two of the riders were two hotties Cathrine Bell from the tv show JAG and Olympic swimmer Amanada Beard.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You did need those handles on the tank, just get a magnetic gloves that will stick to the tank.

·
Registered
316 Posts
But wouldnt the glove slide and mess up the paint? Would have to be some really strong magnets to be useful IMOA.
I would imagine a crash would embed the magnets in your hand, kind of like having a super power. [:eek:)]
/Sorry did not mean to poop on your idea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.