Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone has seen these and was wondering about them... I finally tried out my Handy motorcycle stands (http://www.handyindustries.com) the other day. $100 for the pair. Shipped quick, and seem to be of good quality for the price. One thing: LP doesn't list spools for 2000+, so I bought some older ones, and now I have a scratched swingarm. Make sure you get spools that fit.

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02
Open Throttle Sport Riders

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is this the one you got:
13012 Universal Front and Rear Stand Package

Bobbin Support or Rubber Pads ?

Good find!:)

BTW, I've got Swingarm Spools from Pro-Tek on the way from Parts411.com. Hope they work with these stands.

Yellow '01

·
Registered
431 Posts
dav I've been thinking about getting those stands. Are you happy with them?

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they're working fine for me. They're the first I've really used, though, so I can't speak to how they compare with other brands, except for the nice price.

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
206 Posts
man, i hate it, i always purchase something, and a few days later, somebody posts something of a great deal.

i just bought the LP universal rear stand, I wish i saw this 2 weeks ago, i would have purchased these instead.

Originally posted by dav

In case anyone has seen these and was wondering about them... I finally tried out my Handy motorcycle stands (http://www.handyindustries.com) the other day. $100 for the pair. Shipped quick, and seem to be of good quality for the price. One thing: LP doesn't list spools for 2000+, so I bought some older ones, and now I have a scratched swingarm. Make sure you get spools that fit.

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
156 Posts
second that motion of the handy stand being great....

good and secure..pitbulls are better but fo r the price tec... the handy stands are awesome. plus with the 150 i saved i bought a nice rear hugger[:p]

to get over someone .....get under someone!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
[?]Hey I want to get a set of these but I am unsure of the two choices of Bobbin Support or Rubber Pads ? I have a 03 ZX6R, and I am ordering the 10mm spools. Can some one help me out and explain the options.

Thanks
Gabe

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dav,
niiiiiiice stands. Even match your bike! Much better deal then that guy a few weeks ago tried selling us his stands for way more. But then again, if they had a 24Karat gold stand, I'm sure someone would still buy it. Handy stands do the job, what more do you want them to do , you know!
Sorry, to hear about you new scratches though.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The front stands that go into the 2 forks are a bad bad bad idea. Very unstable, i have the one that goes up into the middle, up inside.. I don't know what all its called, but a few AFM'ers turned me onto it, from their personal experiences.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There is nothing wrong with stands that go under the forks legs. The only downside of them is to raise the forks or do any fork removal, you will need a stand that goes into the steering stem.

Order the bobbins stand. The rubber pad stands suck. I had an incident when I washed my bike, when trying to put the bike down it slid on the rubber from the moisture. I caught the bike, but almost had a heart attack.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do I need to use the protek type spools for the Bobbin type stand or can i use the other type of spools with the rubber on them. Also what is the proceedure for raising the bike on both stands, front first or rear first? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hard2Hold,

Either spool type will work. Lift the rear before the front, and drop the front and the kickstand before the rear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pitbull sells swing arm buttons pretty reasonable and great stands. The one good thing about their front stand is it goes in the steering stem bolt letting you completely remove the front forks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The Pitbull new front and standard front stands indeed lift from the steering stem. Their forklift front stand lifts from the bottoms of the forks, unless it is used with a converter.

For more info, check out pit-bull.com.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just picked up some handy stands today. I can't wait till they come in. Shooot....$100, can't beat that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.