Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not very very hard, but from neutral to first feels kind of rough-once it actually started to grind the gear a little before going into gear. once its in, it doesnt grab or anything, just a quick jerk-about 3 inches id guess...hehehe (peter griffen laugh) clutch engages a little before half way from the bar. ive bled the clutch, but my question is- do i need a clutch adjustment, if there is such a way to do so? or is there some kind of part thats damaged?

downshifting has no issues from 2nd, and i havnt actually put it in neutral while riding to try at a stop. is there anything else i can do to diagnose the problem?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
how much slack is in the chain? this makes a HUGE ass difference in how these things shift and feel.

thers no way to adjust a hydraulic clutch other than shimming it, which i don't really suggest.

well, shimming the slave cylinder out, OR changing the spring rates on the pressure plate..

both i don't really suggest.

about the only real adjustment you have is the little dial on the lever..lol

also, do you use the slipper alot or do you rev-match your downshifts?
the slipper might need adjusted, but i honestly highly doubt it.. just kinda throwing that out tho..

ima stick with chain tension on this one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts