Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so before just recently it has been semi easy to power wheelie 1st gear as long as i layed into it full throttle, it would come up about 1-2ft in the upper rpms..

now it feels like it doesnt wanna come up at all even if i redline it in 1st.

i checked my chain and its perfectly tight. It does need a good cleaning but i doubt that would affect me this much.

what else could be different or be affect 1st gear power wheelies that i could check?

i did switch over to synthetic about 300 miles ago roughly.... but i dont think that would cause my problem either.

maybe i just need to back out there and try some more haha.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,933 Posts
Could be anything. Even the running temp of the motor affects power and power delivery. Try flicking the throttle rather than just opening it up. It should snap right up.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by sim636R
1st gear till bout 9k on the rpm, then pow snap full PWR your shit would lift.

PLEASE BE CAREFULL... do it in a safe manner
thats pretty much what ive been doing.

like i said, i used to be able to pull it up almost everytime i actually wanted to when i tried. Just roll into the throttle real hard and the powerband itself would bring it up. Now its not doing it the same way i used to try.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My bike is the same way dude. I've noticed that recently but the other night riding home I got into it hard not even trying to and it came up. I guess it doesn't work when I try.

·
Registered
505 Posts
hahaha thats the exact same with me its kinda unpredictable but that makes it all the more fun. Sometimes i can go from a slow roll then just floor it and nothing happens then other times i can just open it up to half throttle or around there and it comes up pretty hard its sweet. Best feeling in the world when all of a sudden she begins to stand up.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Probably because it's hot as shit outside - heat kills power. When I got my bike in June it would humpty-dumpty itself if I held full throttle in 1st. Now it just pulls up a little, if any. But in the mornings on the way to work, when it's 20+ degrees cooler, it'll snatch it right up like normal. These 95-100° temps and 50%+ humidity are terrible for power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.