Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was a nice day out but of course I didn't have my bike out.

But I was in my cager exiting the interstate and came up to a chicky on a hardly at a red light. Light turns green and it's a two lane left turn. Well the chick goes and takes the turn tight i mean super tight (not leaning just steering) She bounced off the curb and into the other lane of traffic almost dropped her bike and ran a cager off the road. The cager (minvan) honked at her and she gave him the [:M53] like it was his fault. WTF!!

What is wrong with noob hardly bikers. You could tell she was new for the simple fact of her putting along (slower then most hardly) and she just creeping into turns...

Almost wished I had my bike to make her more nervous.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I was in the MSF with a lady that wanted to learn how to ride with her hubby. Prior to taking the riding part of the course, we were told that if we dropped the bike at any time we'd fail the course. This chick dropped the bike atleast 4 times thru the course and still got the MSF certification at the end! This chick DID NOT BELONG on a bike! It was entertaining during class watching her drop the bike time after time with the throttle pinned open and her reeling in her boots cause she had no clue, but hopefully when she gets out on the road, she won't kill anyone but herself.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I see noobs all the time doing some strange shit. Like my MSF instructor said, "if no one got hurt, it's funny".

Does anyone fail the MSF class? We had two chicks in there that passed (even though they couldn't do the figure 8) and the thought of them having a motorcycle endorsement scares me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea, when I took that class there was a dude that dropped the bike twice. That whole, "if you drop it once you fail" thing is not true really.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Dunno about all instructors but from what I was told if you drop the bike during the test you automatically fail, additionally my instructor told us if we failed either the first part or the second part of the test we would be able to finish taking that half of the test just for the benefit of learning/seeing what you need to be able to do to pass next time you take the course. But yeah for the practice exercises it was like watching nascar, you were bound to see someone go down--beginners have a strange attraction to curbs.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by zeuseason
I was in the MSF with a lady that wanted to learn how to ride with her hubby. Prior to taking the riding part of the course, we were told that if we dropped the bike at any time we'd fail the course. This chick dropped the bike atleast 4 times thru the course and still got the MSF certification at the end! This chick DID NOT BELONG on a bike! It was entertaining during class watching her drop the bike time after time with the throttle pinned open and her reeling in her boots cause she had no clue, but hopefully when she gets out on the road, she won't kill anyone but herself.
When I took it, they said the same thing. I also had a woman in that course that was taking the course becuase her husband had just bought her a fatboy for her birthday. She was maybe all of 5' 100 lbs if that. I'm just sitting there thinking to myself, how in the heck is she gonna be able to handle that large cumbersome beast of a bike, lol.

We used their bikes in the course, some old old honda 90's or something, but luckly for her they had a specially old bike that was smaller because on the ones the rest of us had, her feet would not touch the ground!

I also dropped my bike once during the class, was very low speed and i just kinda walked off it when it went down. Didn't hurt those things becuase they were built like tanks, and i am sure it wasn't the first time that bike hit the ground. That said, they gave me a free pass on that one mistake, because I was confused as to what they wanted us to do. I was 'first' in line to do whatever it was (some turn of some sort) and I told the instructor beforehand that I was unclear of his directions. He shrugged it off and said "don't worry, you will understand when it comes time"...well lol, guess I didn't!

·
Registered
875 Posts
About half of my msf class was women, and most of the ppl wanted to get or already had a harley or cruiser.

No one dropped the bike, but one woman did get kicked out. She wasn't picking things up very well and seemed scared. The instructor asked her if she was doing ok, and if she needed help, and she said something like "no, i just wanted to ride for a weekend."

A few ppl did fail, both men and women, but it did pour right before we took the test, so I think a lot of ppl were much more tenative about what they were doing. I know I was. Still passed though.:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you cannot pass the MSF course, you should NOT be on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
I see noobs all the time doing some strange shit. Like my MSF instructor said, "if no one got hurt, it's funny".

Does anyone fail the MSF class? We had two chicks in there that passed (even though they couldn't do the figure 8) and the thought of them having a motorcycle endorsement scares me.
2 people failed out of my class of 20.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978

6 or 7 people failed in my class, only 2 of them dropped the bike.

In a related story, there's this rather young "we-don't-need-no-stinking-gear" couple I see all the time on their (awwww, how cute) matching Nighttrains with drag bars and loud-ass pipes, riding past my house every now and then, leaning them so low around the rather sharp bend, each time I think they're about to lowside. These cats are good! He's a prick though - never even looks at me and my unamerican unharley when I ride past them. She at least gives something that might be interpreted as a nod. My point is, I guess it really isn't all the bike's fault...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That, ladies and gentlemen, is why we DO NOT use the rear brake when entering turns.

--David

·
Registered
875 Posts
It looks like he was holding in the clutch while he was going into the turn, then he dumped the clutch and probably hit the rear brake too.
I don't get why he would hold the clutch in like he did while going into a turn.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Holy f-ing ouch! That look like it hurt.

We had a guy do a high side in my MSF. You know there's always that "one guy" who's a complete tard? He had on cowboy boots with chrome toe guards, black jeans, and some old crappy Wal Mart leather coat. Arms, legs, bike, boot spangles, and smoke all flying in diff directions. LMOA It was awesome!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.