There isnt a huge following of Harleys in Australia. I cant think of one shop that just sells Harleys. They are all sold in shops that stock Kawasaki's and Yamaha's etc. I saw a drag racing show from the US that was highlighting Harleys and gawd there is some red kneck harley riders in the US.
[:M53]em all Thats truly a disgrace.The reason we ride is for the freedom and feel of the ride. A bike is a bike, yeah some are uglier,slower and faster than others,those guys just ride to "look cool"[:M42]
They had to use a Kawi, 10 seconds of the Harley wouldn't have drawn as much of a crowd, and it would have cost them double the money.
Can you imagine those Harley guys with their jaws dropped as the 636 hung in there for 5 minutes WOT.
It over heated is all I can say. If they would've given it proper ventilation and kept the temps down where they would've been under normal riding, that shop would've long been out of business before it went. And it didn't blow, sounds more like a seize from the description.
They probably took some oil out of the poor thing to make it go quicker. My heart sunk when I read this but if I would've been there I would've been laughing at all of them for the entire 5 minutes that that biatch hung in there for. Pretty sure a hardly could not do that.
the proposal I'd like to make to those idiots is as follows:
1. 2 teams, a harley team and a kawi team.
2. object of the "game": first to blow up the engine wins.
3. give the harley team a 636 (checked by the kawi team first to make sure oil, etc. are there).
4. give the kawi team a harley (checked by the harley team first).
5. same running conditions as what they did.
6. give the harley team 3:1 odds for the bet (based roughly on the ratio between the price of a harley nad the 636, so that each team has proportionately the same $ at stake)
7. offer to televise, put on radio, whatever.
8. no guns allowed.
I think we should find out where exactly this shop is, sneak in at night, and plant c4 all over the place and blow it to hell. No one of that stupidity deserves to buy, sell, or be around motorcycles of any kind. Been a long time since I had the itch to kill. Where's my gun.......
1. By feeling the need to perform such a stunt, it only validates their inherent stupidity.
2. They are punished every day for riding a technologically-backwards machine (i.e. Harley).
3. They are further punished every day for having paid so much money for such an outdated POS.
4. When was the last time you saw a **good looking** chick on the back of a Harley?
BTW, fat, bloated, farmer's tan, yellow/brown/black/missing teeth, and bad hair do not make for a *good looking* chick. I think the only hot chicks I've ever seen on a Harley are the ones in the calendars. And everyone knows they go home to the sportbike guys.
As for the video, I'll ask the guy from the R6 site (he's the one who was there) if he can post it up or something.
And as for the shop, I only wish that shop was around where I am. Dumbasses...they actually make sportbike-squids look good.
A forum community dedicated to all Kawasaki motorcycles including the ZX-6R, KLR 650, Ninja 250, Ninja 250R, and Vulcan. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!